PDA

View Full Version : Painting Tupperware

Pages : 1 [2]

Carphunter
11-07-2009, 07:18 PM
don't know how it will wear yet... just got it painted :)

've learned something... don't paint the rail (or at least the clamping surfaces)

It's tough to get rings to clamp on to the painted surface uniformly. I think I've used up a lot of my windage adjustment because the two rings are slightly off kilter. I got the scope to zero...but I think I'm near the edge of the adjustment range (when I like to keep it more centered. Could just be the EGW rail and how well the stock mount holes are drilled... but before next season, I'm going to strip the paint off where the mounts go so it's not even a consideration. Normally, I will set up two scopes on rings so I can change them in a catastrophe. My setups in the past have been so good I could mount, unmount and remount and be zeroed again.... right now, as it is... I won't pull my primary scope off because I really question if I can match the clamping tension (and I've got only two weeks to season... so I don't want to have to deal with another trip to the range - which is now packed with hunters sighting in).

GaCop
11-08-2009, 07:07 AM
Weaver windage adjustable 4X4 rings work great and save your internal adjustment. Millet also makes windage adjustable rings but their not as robust as the Weavers.