PDA

View Full Version : Stock fitment/options for a 111. I'm a new NEWB.

batmeat
04-09-2014, 03:12 PM
I've got 111 .300 win mag that i'm going to mod out. Serial number starts with 'F6' so it places the manufacture date between 1995-2002. I'm finding a problem when looking for aftermarket stocks, triggers, mounts...etc. I can't seem to find what really fits my gun because I've read that barrel diameter during those years isn't consistently the same size, and actions varied as well. I built my AR, but that was easy because the platform is same between manufacturers.

The real question is...How do I know what will and what will not fit my gun? Looking at various stocks I haven't been able get responses from dealers regarding bedding width and depth. Last thing I want to do is buy new components and have to ship it all back.

bremereric
04-09-2014, 03:27 PM
Try giving Boyd's stocks a call for a stock.

batmeat
04-09-2014, 03:57 PM
Thanks, I appreciate the response.

LanceS4803
04-16-2014, 10:48 PM
I also have an older rifle that now sports a different barrel. Not a lot of options for a long action, blind magazine, heavy barrel.

I went to McMillan and selected a stock style. They used my barrel dimensions to ensure everything will work.
They then custom fitted it to me, and I selected color, little options and buttpad.