PDA

View Full Version : fumbles new 110e

fumbles
04-07-2014, 04:12 AM
hello all. new to the site, first post. I just traded for a new to me older savage 110e 30-06 this week, really nice rifle, has that "feel" to it, can't wait to fire it. my friend (that got it for me) says I gave too much for it but I liked it and it was exactly what I was looking for so who cares if I gave too much right? a brand new one that looks like mine costs over 700 bux and I gave 350 for this one (sort of, I traded ammo for it).
its a nice rifle, has a dark (walnut?) stock with checker on the wrist and fore end, stock has just a few minor mars on it (safe marks) and the bore is bright and crisp. 3.5# smooth glass break trigger.
my question is how the heck do I find out what year it was born since savage doesn't have an archive to reference? serial is E194XXX has a modern style bolt in it. i'm thinking late 70's-mid 80's? but I cant nail it down. also, the scope mount on it is a one piece that runs across the ejection port and if I use that I have to use solid mounts and I want to put my see-through mounts on it so I can access the irons if a deer wanders up too close for the scope. the problem is the back of the receiver is flat and lower than the front, the front is rounded. the one piece mount is designed for that but my see-throughs are made to go on a rounded receiver. so, I need new see-throughs but can't find any. does anyone sell 100 specific see-through mounts? if I mismatch flat and rounded mounts they wont line up and the scope wont be parallel to the bore. any info greatly appreciated. not sure how this works, I guess if someone replies it emails me a notification? thanks

J.Baker
04-07-2014, 12:40 PM
http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?263-Savage-Firearm-Dating

That's as close as you're going to get on a DOM due to a combination of poor record keeping at Savage and the company changing hands several times since then.

yuma johnny
04-07-2014, 05:22 PM
I purchase my 110E .308 NIB in early 1968. It has an adjustable trigger, modern bolt and checkering on the stock. It was manufactured in 1967. The serial No. is 68xxx.

http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?34363-New-Old-110E-308

fumbles
04-09-2014, 03:58 PM
well I do know mine is more recent than that because the E prefix on the serial. just cant get an exact yr. like baker said, laate 70's-mid 80's is as close as I will get most likely. beautiful rifle I think. not quite as nice as my 65' model 70 in .270 caliber, but still a nice rifle. have yet to send any through the tube tho

Mad Dog
04-09-2014, 04:30 PM
I answered this in the vintage section, it was made in 1983.