PDA

View Full Version : Single shot follower for center feed blind mag

OKMike
03-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Just started loading for my 112 BVSS in 300 WM and need (want) a single shot folllower, as my loads are too long for the internal mag. Does anyone make one? The SSS units look good but I am unsure if they will work.

thanks in advance

Mike

McKinneyMike
03-20-2010, 11:40 AM
If SSS won't work, then there will not be any others that will either :) Fred knows Savages!

82boy
03-20-2010, 01:07 PM
Welcome to the site.
You may find that SSS has a couple of dissatisfied customers, but they also have hundreds of thousands of completely satisfied customers. When you do the volume of business that SSS does it is just a plain fact you will never make everyone happy. I would say that SSS has a 99% satisfaction rating. They will stand behind their products!

Fred (Owner of SSS) is by far one of the smartest guys I have ever met, he is also brutally honest. He will not market a product that will not work. His products are thoughtfully designed, and tested. Fred takes a scientific approach to testing. Give them a call, I am willing to bet that if it don't work they will make things right.

stumpjumper400
03-20-2010, 01:58 PM
+1 on Sharp Shooter Supply

I think your best bet is to put a call into Lisa at SSS. She will be able to tell you if it fits. If it won't fit, she will tell you what is required to make it fit. I put a follower in my stagger feed short action even though it wasn't made for it. Lisa told me that some trimming and filing would need to be done and she was right as it was too long. I ordered it on the preface that it would be a trim to fit part. Lisa is very knowledgeable in savages and if she doesn't know then she'll ask Fred. You won't be steered wrong. Go for it

LG
03-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Mike,

I just put a SSS single shot follower in my 30-06 build. It's a centerfeed action. The follower fit the receiver perfectly. I'm loading the rounds a little on the long side at 3.45" COAL. I haven't shot the rifle yet, but cycled a few dummy rounds to test function. No problems. The single shot follower works well.

stumpjumper400
03-20-2010, 08:04 PM
Just thought about your bolt head. If it's controlled feed then it may not work. I don't know which one you have and I don't know which mag calibers they put them in. Maybe just the wsm's.

OKMike
03-21-2010, 07:09 PM
Lisa at SSS said they would work, so I am putting in an order. Now if the hurricane force winds and snow would quit I would go shoot my new rifle.

thanks

Mike