PDA

View Full Version : B-Mag Series: Do you think this will happen?

Poor Shot
04-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Now that Savages new B.mag with the stainless heavy barrel is out and seems to have all the accuracy that the original didn't, will Savage discontinue the original model? It seems to be nothing but trouble for them, so why not?

Hotolds442
04-03-2014, 09:25 PM
I doubt it.

bremereric
04-03-2014, 09:28 PM
I posted that I believe the reason they came out with it is to fix the problem with the first crappy shooting model they came out with. So my answer is that they will not make the first generation model anymore.

Lonewulf
04-04-2014, 08:47 AM
that would make ours collector items LOL

bremereric
04-04-2014, 10:13 AM
that would make ours collector items LOLYep, and I am keeping mine.

Poor Shot
04-04-2014, 12:14 PM
I have one of the first version with the poorly designed ejector, one of the second version with the better ejector, and finally one of the new heavy barrel rifles. I guess so far I have a complete set, and no, I ain't selling them either.

n4ue
04-04-2014, 01:36 PM
I love the new SS model and as I have posted, it is staggeringly accurate. Today, to kill a little time, I pulled the new SS gun apart and polished the bbl with some 40 micron paper I had back when I ground/polished auto racing crankshafts. I didn't separate the bbl/action, just put it in my shop lathe.

Wow! What a difference. Looks almost as good as my McGowen custom SS bbl.
I just bought a couple of 'spare' original stocks. I believe I have come up with a way to 'fix' them. If not, they were cheap. Literally!!! ha ha

ron

bremereric
04-04-2014, 03:46 PM
I love the new SS model and as I have posted, it is staggeringly accurate. Today, to kill a little time, I pulled the new SS gun apart and polished the bbl with some 40 micron paper I had back when I ground/polished auto racing crankshafts. I didn't separate the bbl/action, just put it in my shop lathe.

Wow! What a difference. Looks almost as good as my McGowen custom SS bbl.
I just bought a couple of 'spare' original stocks. I believe I have come up with a way to 'fix' them. If not, they were cheap. Literally!!! ha ha

ronYou got pictures Ron?

rona
04-09-2014, 07:56 PM
I returned my second B Mag to the store last week and it was sent back to Savage for repair or replace. I stopped back at the store today and told the owner to call Savage and tell them I will give them 50.00 extra if they send a SS in place of the original model. He said he was looking at the list of available B-Mags and the original light barrel B-Mag was no longer available on his list. So from that he deducted they will only offer the SS heavy barrel version.
Ron, Can you post a picture of your polished SS barrel?

Poor Shot
04-09-2014, 09:38 PM
Just checked Savages site. They list 'B.mag' and 'B.mag stainless steel' but when you select them for specs, they both only show specs for the stainless steel model. Maybe I was right with my guess that they would discontinue the original model.

onegreatshot
04-11-2014, 02:13 AM
Well I guess I will have to put some money with my sport model to sell it then. Got a S/S on Gun broker a good price.