PDA

View Full Version : First Savage - Model 11 in 308 - Questions!

Pages : 1 [2]

JackImpact
04-05-2014, 12:54 PM
I bought this new! That yellow stuff came on it lol

Also doesnt the accutrigger have a bar for safety in the middle of the trigger?

foxx
04-05-2014, 01:01 PM
Then leave the yellow stuff there. LOL. What do I know?

Yes the blade in the trigger helps prevent the sear from dropping unintentionally. But to function well the trigger needs a minimum amt of tension of it will partially drop when closing the bolt or gets bumped.

JackImpact
04-05-2014, 01:04 PM
I believe this is the standard trigger and not the accutrigger. I keep seeing posts online where they cut 1.5 coils off of a spring, but I dont know which spring, on what end or how they did it. So Im not about to try it without a good video or instructions! Was wanting to see if anyone else has this trigger and has adjusted it!

foxx
04-05-2014, 01:53 PM
Oops. You are right. Sorry.. I never saw one like that. It must be new. I don't think it can be improved. The older models could. If it were me I would get SSS competition trigger ( if top bolt release) or Rifle Basix Sav-1 ( if bottom bolt release).

JackImpact
04-05-2014, 03:11 PM
Oops. You are right. Sorry.. I never saw one like that. It must be new. I don't think it can be improved. The older models could. If it were me I would get SSS competition trigger ( if top bolt release) or Rifle Basix Sav-1 ( if bottom bolt release).

Im sure the trigger will be a great upgrade. Sucks they are just too far away in Ohio to drive and apparently only do mail order? Its 2014.