PDA

View Full Version : Savage model 16 and Boyds problems

romad97
04-01-2014, 06:54 PM
I bought a model 16 7mm WSM for christmas. I then ordered a boyds thinbhole. As would be my luck the bottom metal was not properly inlet from boyds so I sent it back for an exchange for a blind box stock. It finally arrived and low and behold, another problem. My front action screw is too short. Are the action screws on all savage blind mag models longer than DBM or is this just another improperly inlet stock from boyds?

jpdown
04-01-2014, 08:52 PM
The front action screw is longer on blind magazine stocks than those on stock inletted for DBM. You need to order the longer front action screw. Go to MidwayUSA and you can order and see pictures of different screw sizes. Or go to the hardware store and get a 1/4"x28 (fine treaded) socket screw.

JW
04-01-2014, 08:53 PM
action screws will be different lengths
Best way to solve this is to buy some 1/4 -28 socket head bolts (cap screws) at your local hardware store
Buy them long and cut to length needed

Hotolds442
04-01-2014, 10:23 PM
Go back to the ordering page for the stock you bought, I'm pretty sure that the "ATTENTION CUSTOMERS: New action screws are needed if your action screws are shorter than 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 respectively. These are sold separately in our gun parts section on the left hand side of our webpage." disclaimer is right there for you to see. The majority of people miss that part.