PDA

View Full Version : Hog hunter replacement stock/Chasis opinions?

Winny94
03-31-2014, 10:20 PM
So I think I've made the decision to go with the HH, but as with all budge bolt actions, the stock stock is typically poor.

I'm debating b/w the MDT LSS, XLR Element, B&C medalist. (I'm also open to anything else I missed in that $400-$500 range)

Plus side of the chassis systems is that they are drop in. No bedding, no inletting, no extra bottom metal, etc.

Plus side of the B&C is lower cost, unless I want to have it inletted.

What is everyone's opinions/experiences on the matter?

The anticipated use will be paper punching, steel out to 500, and deer sized hunting. I'm anticipating putting a 2.5-10x vortex as an optic.

CharlieNC
04-02-2014, 01:49 PM
My HH and another short action are sitting in Choate Tacs; one blind mag and the other DBM from CDI. The stock has full length aluminum v-block so no need to bed, and I can swap the stocks between the rifles with no problem. At $200 this is a great stock; only downside is the exterior finish is not great with mold-flashing seams. But sanded and painted (does anyone really do a black stock anymore) that is a non-issue. You can purchase the complete stock and DBM assembly as a package from CDI.

Coalforge
04-02-2014, 02:10 PM
I have a model 10 in a Choate Ultimate Varmint stock and love it. The groups improved considerably over the factory stock. I plan to get the same stock for my HH. What is DBM and CDI?

Elgin
04-02-2014, 03:10 PM
I have the MDT Tac21, and it is great. Based on it's quality and performance, I wouldn't hesitate to try the LSS, especially at the price their going for. You can get into an LSS for not too much more than a Choate with a CDI (which is also not a bad choice, but they are heavy).

Any of the three you listed would be good to go.

D.ID
04-02-2014, 09:03 PM
+1 choate tac.