View Full Version : NCAA Basketball

Pages : 1 [2] 3

foxx
04-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Wow!

UConn is gonna take Florida!

rjtfroggy
04-06-2014, 05:48 AM
UCONN UCONN UCONN do you believe it yet.

snowgetter1
04-06-2014, 07:09 AM
What do China and March madness have in common?

Both make billions off of kids working for nothing!

foxx
04-06-2014, 10:46 AM
I'll be pulling for 'em, Froggy.

COplains
04-06-2014, 11:13 AM
KY vs UCONN....hmmmmmm. I have ties to both but I've been a KY fan for many moons. Should be a great game. GO KENTUCKY :pop2:

tufrthnails
04-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Yeah that was a horrible showing from Florida they lost as a bunch of individuals. Well lets go Kentucky.

BoilerUP
04-06-2014, 05:30 PM
http://media.ticketmaster.com/tm/en-us/dbimages/51356a.gif

Born and raised 3 miles from campus...heard the riots in 96 and 98...

foxx
04-06-2014, 06:06 PM
Michigan State University... My undergrad days were the best 7 years of my life!

mazda3gun
04-07-2014, 07:57 AM
Let's go Kentucky!!!!!!!

Wisconsin put up a heck of fight too! That was a great game, nail biter for sure!

rjtfroggy
04-08-2014, 05:53 AM
Are there any disbelievers now.

UCONN 60 KENTUCKY 54

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Now watch tonight and see if the UCONN Woman can make it a sweep for the second time in history the first was Uconn also.

mazda3gun
04-08-2014, 08:22 AM
I just stared at the TV for about 10 minutes, I was so sad!

We lost it to free throws though, otherwise, that game was ours(UK's). I mean, Shaq could've done better.

rjtfroggy
04-08-2014, 09:03 AM
Mazda, Kentucky will be there again next year. Seeing as they start 5 freshmen they should be good for at least one more year before they start jumping to the NBA. If they would change that and have these kids play out their college years in trade for those 4 year full boat scholarships Kentucky would stand a good chance of winning the mext three.

BoilerUP
04-08-2014, 09:06 AM
Mazda, Kentucky will be there again next year. Seeing as they start 5 freshmen they should be good for at least one more year before they start jumping to the NBA.

It is almost a certainty that Randle is going to the NBA, and I wouldn't be surprised if one/both the Harrison twins, Johnson and Young go or at least start the process.

If Cal could get a few "two and dones" the team would be a monster, but part of his recruiting allure is getting to the NBA and its millions ASAP.

mazda3gun
04-08-2014, 09:52 AM
It is almost a certainty that Randle is going to the NBA, and I wouldn't be surprised if one/both the Harrison twins, Johnson and Young go or at least start the process.

If Cal could get a few "two and dones" the team would be a monster, but part of his recruiting allure is getting to the NBA and its millions ASAP.

This^

Coach Cal has turned us into a One N Done team which isn't exactly smart IMO. I mean, we could still have The Brow if he told these kids to stick around another year or two. I'd rather see them on the team 2 years, get a little schoolin in em, and get some skills on the court, and THEN go to the NBA.
I miss the good ole days back in the 90's when we stomped out championships like as assembly line and had players stick around for 2+ years at minimum. We need more player that PLAY the game and love it, not for the money, sadly.

Congrats to UCONN btw...stupid huskies:mad:

rjtfroggy
04-08-2014, 11:37 AM
He did the same at UMASS promised the kids the NBA with in two years, it hurt the team, the school and the players. Not many that left made it in the pros and some moved around so much nobody remembers them. Marcus who? to name one.( it is Cambry)
Maybe it is him that needs schoolin.

BoilerUP
04-08-2014, 11:39 AM
I'd say Derrick Rose is doing just fine...as is John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins (though he's a hothead), Anthony Davis, etc...

mazda3gun
04-08-2014, 12:01 PM
Most of them are doing very well. Most players that come from UK nearly always do very well in the NBA.

Just stinks that we can't bring back the full-fledged dynasty mentality. I miss when other teams almost feared to play us.

foxx
04-08-2014, 12:15 PM
Personally, I don't like this "One and done" mentality. Those kids have a reputation of never going to class. They are NOT students by any stretch of the imagination.

They are good athletes, but that's all, in my humble opinion.

UConn did great. They won it with free throws, and Kentucky lost it the same way. It's almost shameful that such good athletes can't hit free throws any better than that. Fundamentals of the game are not being taught these days. In general, the kids today are great athletes, but not good ball players, as far as I am concerned, and I'm not just talking Kentucky, either.

tufrthnails
04-08-2014, 03:34 PM
I would completely agree with you Foxx. One of the things I loved about this years Gator team is there were no all-stars, which led to us having 4 seniors and that is how you get to the final four with no All-stars. Don't get me wrong I think all four seniors can play in the NBA but none are going to change the way the game is played.

rjtfroggy
04-09-2014, 06:17 AM
Uconn again, dual championships again.

Uconn women get their 9th national title go 40-0 beat undefeated Notre Dame in a romp.
Second time in NCAA history that Uconn took mens and womans title.
The Uconn ladies may not be done a 3peat is very possible they only lose two seniors. This is what I like about the womans game players can't jump to the pros after 1 or 2 seasons.