PDA

View Full Version : New Hog Hunter in .308

ZMilli
03-29-2014, 06:31 PM
Just ordered me a new Hog Hunter today for $455. Gander mountain was the only store that actually had them in stock but they wanted $530 for it so I just decided to support my local gun store and wait a week. Just was wondering where I could find a good stock that is around $100 and I'm also looking for a flash suppressor or muzzle break for it as well. Please someone give me some links to check out. Thanks

foxx
03-29-2014, 07:44 PM
What style of stock? Boyds has a decent Tactical they call "Tacticool". I just put my 308 HH in one. Nice. They run about $100. They have other traditional hunting stocks as well. "Classic" is decent as well. BOth laminates and walnut available for $100-120.

If I really planned to hunt hogs with it I'd have just stiffened up the forearm with steal rods and JB weld. I'd file-down the mold lines and maybe paint it. I really don't think the stock has to be much better than it is for short range hunting.

ZMilli
03-30-2014, 12:30 AM
What style of stock? Boyds has a decent Tactical they call "Tacticool". I just put my 308 HH in one. Nice. They run about $100. They have other traditional hunting stocks as well. "Classic" is decent as well. BOth laminates and walnut available for $100-120.

If I really planned to hunt hogs with it I'd have just stiffened up the forearm with steal rods and JB weld. I'd file-down the mold lines and maybe paint it. I really don't think the stock has to be much better than it is for short range hunting.

What was the specs you chose from the drop down menus? And have you used the threads for anything yet?

foxx
03-30-2014, 12:43 AM
It is a short action, (model 10 or 11 or 12)
Top bolt release, blind mag centerfeed

No, I have not done anything with the threads. I will never be able to afford a suppressor. Would consider a flash suppressor, though.