PDA

View Full Version : Redfeild?

lostart
03-18-2010, 08:16 PM
Has anyone tried one of the new Redfeild scopes? I checked one out a Cabellas the other day and was fairly impressed for the price. The eye relief was very generous....as in more than four inches. Also, it was pretty clear all the way up to 12x. It also comes with the leupold warranty. I am seriously concidering one for my .270. Whaddya think?

birdie
03-22-2010, 07:55 PM
I recentlly bought one from swfa. It was the 3x9x40. With the coupon that you can find with the google search engine, it came to 142.50 with free shipping. The scope was impressive, especially the very forgiving eye relief. I might not buy one for target shooting, but for whitetail hunting I doubt you will find a better deal. They are now owned and engineered by Leupold,made in Oregon and are backed by their fabulous warranty. I installed it on my nephew's .270 and only had one chance to shoot it at the range. If you do buy one please post your impression on this site. thanks and good luck.

lostart
03-22-2010, 08:58 PM
I do plan on purchasing one of these. I just need to find that coupon you were talking about! Thats a great deal. This won't be my permenant scope. Just will use it to get me by till i get a better one. Im trying to hold off till my local gun shop gets them in. I like to spend my money at local businesses.

pdog06
03-22-2010, 11:53 PM
My local shop has a bunch of them in stock. They look very nice and are on par with the VX-1 Leupold line. I've been waiting to hear some reviews on them though.

I also noticed the Nikon added a 4-12 Pro-Staff this year to compete with the 4-12 Redfield.

lostart
03-23-2010, 12:39 AM
I have read all the reviews on-line that I can find. Everything is very positive so far. Even the product reviews are good. They haven't really been out long enough to really know though.

I was at the shop today. They had all of the signage up, but nothing yet. I hope they come in soon, (before the gun gets in) or ill have to buy it at a chain store. Everything seems to be on the up and up with these scopes. Only time will tell. Everything goes well there will be another muley on the wall.

birdie
03-29-2010, 12:17 PM
Sorry lostart, I think it was optic planet, not swfa where I bought the scope with online coupon.

scratcherky
03-30-2010, 08:20 AM
Optics Planet normally has free shipping on purchases over $30.

lostart
03-31-2010, 01:10 AM
Thanks for all of the input guys. :D I found a coupon for an additional 5% off the total purchase with free shipping as well. I also found a deadnutz mount that will fit properly. This should be a good set up I believe. My local shop will not have these in before the gun arrives, so I will order from optics planet.

I ll give a report on the scope after the first range session.

Thanks again.

powderburn
04-06-2010, 10:15 PM
I have one in hand that I just bought. It's a 2x7x33. Nice looking scope and for all practical purposes it is the same size and configuration as the vx1 with different cosmetics and maybe glass. I plan to put it on my stevens 200 308 but the weaver bases proved too short by about 1/2 inch. I'm in the process of coming up with some bases that will allow me the spacing I need . I have come up with a couple of 1pc options but I would like some 2 pc bases w/o resorting to some elaborate extension rings. I think it is a pretty nice scope though.

laportecharlie
04-07-2010, 09:02 AM
The latest issue of Rifle magazine has a write-up on the new Redfields. Like most gun rags, a lot of words but not much info. Overall they liked it.
Charlie