PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Precision Mic's

xsskeet
03-28-2014, 06:16 PM
Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering if anyone is using these? They seem to be a bit pricey, but if they provide good information it may be worth it.

I currently have the Stoney Point set up, (now Hornady) and get fairly consistent readings, just wondering if the RCBS system is more accurate and repeatable?

Thoughts?

Bill

rotts4u
03-30-2014, 09:08 PM
Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering if anyone is using these? They seem to be a bit pricey, but if they provide good information it may be worth it.

I currently have the Stoney Point set up, (now Hornady) and get fairly consistent readings, just wondering if the RCBS system is more accurate and repeatable?

Thoughts?

Bill

These reviews don't sound so good. I guess I stick to the old stoney point for now. I run mine 2-3 times or more and usually find a reading that repeats. Otherwise they seem to vary up to .005"

xsskeet
03-31-2014, 07:52 PM
These reviews don't sound so good. I guess I stick to the old stoney point for now. I run mine 2-3 times or more and usually find a reading that repeats. Otherwise they seem to vary up to .005"

Yep... Not many reviews. :o I will just stay with the old Stoney point and the split case method. The RCBS gauges could get expensive fast.

From what I have read, the head space part works well but there are a lot of negative comments about the OAL part.

Bill