PDA

View Full Version : Savage's new entry level Rifle: The Edge

Pages : 1 [2]

ba_50
04-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Will the Edge take the same barrels as the others?

82boy
04-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Will the Edge take the same barrels as the others?

Yes, but the stock is very thin, and doesn't have enough room for a varminter profile barrel

EGW1
04-16-2010, 10:44 AM
The Mount has different hole spacing than the Short, Medium or Long action.
I expect the same for the stock screws. No tang will also be different in the stock dept.

The Mount is the longest std mount we have made. I expect one action lenght for all calibers.

geo

www.egw-guns.com

lcnorris
04-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Hey im new here and dont get on much ,but i just bought the Savage Edge in 308 Cal. I'll try and let ya all know what i think when I shoot it. The trigger assembly is all one piece and is adjustable not sure how much though. I dont know what base it takes either for a scope.The front and rear are round so im guessing it takes the same as the new style mounts.

Frankdm
07-05-2010, 10:40 AM
I bought my Edge XP package in 243, all black at a local gunshop for $324 out the door. I am really impressed with the accuracy at 100 yards, can't beat the rifle for the money!! A good 22 rifle could cost near what I paid for my 243. The scope is nice and clear and it was very close to hitting the 10 ring at 100 yards, only took 5 shots to set it in. I put a Harris bi-pod and a black sling on it to dress it up a bit. I think Savage will sell a ton of these things!! Hope they bring it out next year in the 22 Hornet, I'll have to add one to my collection.