PDA

View Full Version : Criterion or Shilen barre for 6.5 Creedmoorl?

justeric
03-25-2014, 04:05 PM
I just ordered a, drop in, 6.5 Creedmoor, Criterion barrel from NSS for my Savage 10 FCP-K. NSS has Shilen drop in barrels in stock. I'm looking for advice on which is better, the Criterion or the Shilen? The barrel will be a SS 26", 1:8 twist, Varmint contour barrel. I will use the gun to shoot tactical matches out to 1000+. The Shilen is a little more expensive but that won't hold me back if It's better. I can change my order up until early tomorrow.

Thanks!
Eric

stomp442
03-25-2014, 04:28 PM
Can't go wrong both are great barrels. Which ever one you can get here the soonest would be the one I would go with. Sounds like that will be the Shilen.

justeric
03-25-2014, 04:33 PM
Both Savage drop in barrels are available right now. Choices choices :)

Thanks,
Eric

barrel-nut
03-25-2014, 04:45 PM
Both are high quality hand lapped button rifled barrels from respected makers. Really just comes down to luck of the draw, as to whether you get one of the "better" barrels or just an average one. Flip a coin.

limige
03-26-2014, 01:40 AM
Buy both. Whichever one you dont want you can ship to me;)

Westcliffe01
03-26-2014, 11:57 AM
Last year Shilen hardly delivered any 6.5mm barrels into private hands. I waited for 9 months and finally had to change my order to a CBI barrel, else I could still have been waiting. So make sure that any Shilen 6.5 barrel you want is REALLY in stock. I will not order another 6.5mm barrel from Shilen, I will only take it from a place like Midway who actually have the item in stock.

first strike
03-26-2014, 04:28 PM
i have both,,got the shilen from the barrelman in 5 days,,the criterion from nss about the same time..they shoot the same,took more time with the shilen for load devel. but now it's setteled in..i don't know the difference in the leade but the criterion is more forgiving as to oal..just my experience with them so far..i would purchase either one again,,regards,,,Rich