PDA

View Full Version : Caliber 260 or 6.5 Creedmore?

Pages : 1 [2]

scope eye
03-26-2014, 11:16 AM
it's a meaningless term thrown about by those advocating for their own poor choice in ballisticly inferior cartridges.

Long Live The .264Win mag!

That's an awesome responds, I'm so stealing that,

Dean

bflee
03-26-2014, 11:48 AM
I have the Creedmoor and I am happy. I have never shot the 260 or 260AI or the 264. I do know I can hit 8" steel consistently at 600 yards with no problem. I only missed two out of thirty in an almost ten MPH wind. I am sure you can do the same with the others also.
I have taken four dogs and a crow with mine since Christmas. It is very effective at the range and in the field, as long as you are not carrying it too far! I keep hearing about the brass but I have shot 200 rounds out of 2-20 round boxes of hornady. Thats six firings out of each with no pressure signs. I dont know what their issue is.

limige
03-26-2014, 08:52 PM
I have been hearing this term as long as I can remember and I have always wanted to know, but no one has yet to answer me, what constitutes being a barrel burner, what is the minimum number of shots from a rife, before accuracy starts to go south to be deemed, a "barrel burner" and how did one come to this arbitrary number, Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks Dean

Well smartbutt. ..

When cartridge A gets twice the life of cartridge B and is the same caliber with similar performance then cartridge B is dubbed a barrel burner. Obviously there's no set number because higher performance calibers will burn out quicker than the close range low velocity type rounds. For most people this is a no brainer but certain stubborn types stick with the same thing that's been used for the last millennia disregarding the better engineering of the newer cartridge. Seeing how brass life and barrel life is increased as well as the efficiency of powder burn to velocity but hey I guess that's why cartridge B has been around for a millennia right?!

Especially if the UN uses it... then it must be good lol.

*tim*
03-27-2014, 06:02 AM
Has anyone read up on the 26 nosler cartridge?

Maztech89
03-27-2014, 10:26 AM
Has anyone read up on the 26 nosler cartridge?

Yea there is a fair amount of threads on it here. Seems to be guys that can't wait to have one and guys that have zero interest, not a lot of in between I'd say. I'm of the zero interest crowd. If I want to feed a bunch of powder in a case and deal with noise and recoil (inevitable with a case that size) I'll shoot my 300wsm. It's not the same ballistics I know but it's the way I look at it.