PDA

View Full Version : USPS at it again.

bootsmcguire
03-24-2014, 09:45 PM
Bought some items from a member here, and he shipped them out on 3/17. Well the receiving PO didn't bother to scan it in, so it didn't show up in the tracking system until 3/18 when it arrived at the sort facility at 7:33am. Then it shows that it left the sort facility on 3/18 but does not list a time of departure. When I checked it on 3/19 it was showing an E.T.A. of 3/20. Checked it on 3/20 and still showing last scanned point was departure of the sort facility, and the E.T.A. was not shown anymore. Figured I'd wait til Monday. Well mail came today and still no package. Call the USPS Customer Service line, finally get transferred to a human being 52 minutes later who assures me she can find out where its at. Twenty minutes later she only knows what I already know, that it left sort on 3/18. :frusty:

So now I have a "case number" and should be receiving a call from a representative tomorrow to tell me where my package is. :help:

Just to be clear, I am not upset at the seller in any way, just USPS.
Sorry for the rant, just wanted to vent a little.
:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Akajung
03-25-2014, 12:51 AM
Sorry to hear that, I know the feeling...although FedEx usually gives me more grief than USPS. At least USPS can find my house.

bootsmcguire
03-25-2014, 01:07 AM
Thanks. I have had this happen before, but normally its just damaged packages. I just get impatient sometimes, waiting for packages with shooting stuff in them has that kid waiting for Christmas Morning effect to it sometimes.

limige
03-25-2014, 01:27 AM
I lost all faith in usps when they lost my divorce papers that were "registered mail"..
I mean thats the whole point is so they aren't lost and trackable right? And it was only getting mailed like 15 miles away lol.

Yeah usps tracking is a joke.

Akajung
03-25-2014, 01:28 AM
Well I hope it turns out alright. I've never had anything broken, usually FedEx can't find my house and I end up picking it up from the local shipper.

J.Baker
03-25-2014, 02:41 AM
The USPS tracking system is a complete and total joke. I've never once ordered a package and had it accurately track it to my door. In most cases the package is at my door before I can even pull up the package on their system via their website.

fgw_in_fla
03-25-2014, 06:49 AM
USPS sucks. They suck more than anything that has ever sucked in the past. They will continue to suck well into the future and possibly suck for all eternity.
What is my reasoning behind saying USPS sucks you ask?
Back in December of 2012, there were many, many excellent deals on this forum and a certain AK forum I've been known to loiter on. I made a few deals and sent out at total of $1200 in USPS MO's (in various denominations) around the country.
A total of $425 in MO's never made their destinations.
I stayed in touch with the sellers and we waited 2 weeks before I resent the funds. By this time Christmas had come & gone so the 2nd sending made it to their destinations.

I proceed to the nearest USPS branch and begin to complain about how much they suck the gazoonies.
With an emotionless face and monotone voice the clerk tells me I need to fill out some papers and pay $5.75 per MO to trace them after I wait a total of 60 days.

Wait a minute.... The USPS loses my money orders and I have to pay to have them traced? AND wait 60 days before I can start the trace?

I won't go into detail on what I said at that point. I will say it took 9 months to get reimbursed on the money.

I would consider using a carrier pigeon before using the USPS.

United States Postal Suckage.

They suck dried salami skins.

Texas Solo
03-25-2014, 07:01 AM
Geez Frank, tell us how you really feel. (not that I disagree)

priell3
03-25-2014, 08:28 AM
I hate USPS. Just another overgrown government employment agency for slugs.

Hotolds442
03-25-2014, 08:30 AM
United States Postal Service

always an oxymoron near you.

thomae
03-25-2014, 08:48 AM
Ok. Point made.

:deadhorse: