PDA

View Full Version : Met a fine gentleman this weekend

pitsnipe
03-24-2014, 12:35 PM
At our annual Big Horn Sports and Outdoors show held each spring at our local County fairgrounds. I was there manning a booth for a hunting dog club I'm a member of, and took a break to visit the Savage booth. Lots of eye candy there to drool on. Well, didn't know that Monte Milanuk and Stan Pate were going to be there. They were both busy with a line of folks waiting to get a minute or two with them so I chatted with a salesman there, fondled a few Mdl 12's and the bad a_ _ of the group a .338 110 BA. And back to the dogs. Had to work again Sunday afternoon (last day of the show) and tried my luck again to get some education from one of these gentlemen. Stan was there, I waited my turn, and when we got through the introductions, talked about most things from Ron Coburn, to loading, to tips on "f" class marksmanship. Needless to say I could listen to this man for hours. He signed his mug shots in a couple of Savage product catalogs for me, with some very nice words. When I mentioned that it sure would be great to have him and Monte back over for a Savage only shoot sometime. He then told me of a possible date in August when he would be back in the area for a long range seminar through a local sporting goods store. I will be looking out for those dates.

Snipe