PDA

View Full Version : D.R. Greenlaw rests

Tim300wsm
03-23-2014, 05:33 PM
well it looks like im going to order a greenlaw e or b type rest tomorrow just waiting for them to get back to me on final price for the minor mods i want on it. I know atleast one other member has one anybody else have any experience with them.

rjtfroggy
03-25-2014, 12:55 PM
Tim I may be the only one, seems most are Caldwell or Sinclair users. I gave you my thoughts and I think dollar for dollar Greenlaws rest can't be beat. If stability and great machine work is what you want then without spending big bucks for a SEB or a Farley D R Greenlaw is the way to go.
Plus when I had him build mine it was basicly on trust, he didn't want a deposit or payment up front, just send payment when done and then he sends the

Anyone else interested in this rest here is the web site: http://drgreenlawmachining.com/

82boy
03-26-2014, 10:15 AM
They may be fine rest, but I have never seen one at any Benchrest competition I have been at. One problem I see with the rest is where the windage knobs are at, The "E" model is up on the rest top, which is common for many rest, and the "B" model is at the bottom more usable but still not to the back of the rest. At the price of the "B" model at $550.00 I think you would be leaps and bounds ahead just to spend that money for a Sinclair competition rest. http://www.sinclairintl.com/shooting-rests-bipods/shooting-rests-tops/shooting-rest-accessories/sinclair-competition-shooting-rest-prod39322.aspx $650 with windage
http://www.sinclairintl.com/shooting-rests-bipods/shooting-rests-tops/shooting-rest-accessories/sinclair-competition-shooting-rest-non-windage-prod57479.aspx $550 without windage.
Right now Sinclair has $75 bucks off of orders over $500 So now you are basically in the same money.

The Sinclair competition rest are super hard to beat, I would buy something I know hundreds of Benchrest shooters are successfully using in competition, over something else. You can also pick these rest up used for less money. I can tell you that I have seen many shooters try to re-invent the wheel and buy something else that no one is doing or using, only to end up frustrated, and quitting. With that said buy equipment that others are using, there is a reason why they are using it, and save your self the frustration.

rjtfroggy
03-27-2014, 08:05 AM
I have seen at least 5 others using the DR Greenlaw rest at 100& 200yard matches, that is how I found out about them.
Sinclair has a big advertizing budget, they also have 2 catalogs Brownells & Sinclair, Greenlaw has word of mouth and as of yet I have heard of no complaints.
Just because one has a fan base does not make it better, just more popular.
Mine was only $450 delivered and if I needed another I would go the same route, that is why I always tell someone looking for a rest to check them out.

blvedere
03-31-2014, 12:39 AM
There are three of them at our Thursday USBR match every week. If you shoot different stocked rifles they are easy to change stock forearm width.