PDA

View Full Version : Axis trigger and sear just surface hardened?

Pages : 1 [2]

gumbo333
03-26-2014, 06:24 PM
I think if you just use the 10/ 24 x 1/2 inch screw and a light spring about a half inch long and polish the front ramp of the trigger and sear just a tiny bit and remove the burrs from the inside of the trigger housing you will get to 2.5 to 2.8 lb trigger pretty easy. over travel will be gone to, no need to mess with the safety screw.. Do you even notice the tiny bit of side play - if any when you shoot? The axis trigger is so simple and so easy to improve why get a new trigger??? Spend the money on the scope.

daviscustom
03-26-2014, 06:43 PM
Don't know if the side play is all that noticeable, just thought I had the shim stock so I would shim it up and hopefully make everything more consistent.

I need to go find a spring that will slide over the setscrew and try that out. That was my original plan, and then the rest of this took place and I got side tracked. :rolleyes:

gumbo333
03-26-2014, 07:40 PM
Yes. Also after you put the spring on put it back together and pull the trigger at least a hundred times. I know that will raise the ire of a lot of people. A trigger pull guage, even a simple one is a thing to have. After you have the trigger broke in good spray it with some silicon/ teflon spray. Dont use oil. The trigger will be much happier. 2.5 lbs is obtainable with everything woking safely. Ace is the place, get a couple different weights.

daviscustom
03-26-2014, 08:02 PM
Think one of our local lumber yards is an Ace dealer so maybe I'll find something there....the closest Westlakes is 30 miles away....I'm sure I can find something.

cranebird
03-29-2014, 05:29 AM
Well I was hoping that if you were able to prove your theory, you would just do it, instead of just accusing me of being an overtravel adjustment denier.

Why don't the rest of you that are just sitting back with your popcorn chime in on the subject?! :frusty:

I think cranebird just likes to find something to argue about for entertainment....he doesn't seem to have any interest in proving what he claims.

You are correct in saying that I have no interest in proving whether it works or not. I gave you my opinion and have no intention of further trying to prove or claim anything. I was trying to be helpful but you are being deliberately obtuse. Here is my advice to you. I would not recommend that you adjust the safety screw. I would not recommend that you try to revamp your trigger system any further. I advise that you find another replacement since you most likely already fudged up your original trigger. I advise that you to seek a Timney trigger system for the sole purpose that they will install it for you for an additional fee of $40.00 plus $35.00 for shipping and handling. Here is the link. https://timneytriggers.com/images/stories/Savage_edge_v5.pdf

thomae
03-29-2014, 09:37 AM
Many of us are sitting back because we have no useful information to add.

In any case, when modifying firearms, I may get advise from someone else, but the proof of the pudding is not what they think, but what works for me in my situation.

There are manufacturing tolerances involved, so perhaps a modification that works on someone else's rifle will not work on mine. It is up to ME to prove to myself that a modification works and is safe for me to use.

Trust, but verify.

Since this thread has degenerated into ad hominem arguments, and I can't tell if they are meant to be humorous, I am closing this thread.