PDA

View Full Version : My loyalties are here

mazda3gun
03-20-2014, 11:19 AM
So, I joined Ruger Forum.net to see what I can dig up on my SR40, it's kinda slow over there. Good guys so far, but a lil slow.

I already know where I can get physical upgrades. I'm wanting to do something different on my frame though, change the color, even though EVERYTHING is better black. I just wanna do something different to make it more personal.

What would it take to do this on the poly frame? I'm an absolute novice and beginner in this department of firearms too.

J.Baker
03-20-2014, 08:21 PM
No clue how durable it is, but you can DuraCoat polymer frames.

tammons
03-20-2014, 11:11 PM
Quite a bit on Duracoating on youtube including a lot of glocks knives and accessories.

03mossy
03-20-2014, 11:54 PM
Duracoat! You can even do it at home.

mazda3gun
03-21-2014, 08:12 AM
I've found a couple local Cerkote shops, I'm gonna call them when they open(guessing after 9AM). If they don't feel comfortable doing a poly frame, I'll go the Duracoat route.

Thanks fellas!

mazda3gun
03-27-2014, 10:41 AM
Well, CeraKote is outrageous in pricing. And, I've found that DuraCoat will be doing the EXACT same thing I want anyway. At $50 for the Shake N Spray Kit, shipping included in that figure, DuraCoat is roughly $10 cheaper and I can do it myself without any baking of my poly frame too. That part, the baking, just sends shivers down my spine, doesn't seems conducive to do that to polymer.

BUT! Here's the kicker: I can't use it till it gets a lil warmer outside:(, DuraCoat calls for 69*-90* will relative humidity for proper performance.