PDA

View Full Version : 16/116 differences

JustinNC
03-20-2014, 09:14 AM
Other can lack of accustock and scope, what differences am I missing in the 16/116 Trophy Hunter XP package (GUN ITSSELF) and the 16/116 FCSS?

While I realize that the Nikon is not a top end scope, and honestly, I'm not even worried about the scope, as it'd most likely go into a donor pile, is the addition of the Accustock really make the MSRP and actual retail that much more over the cost of the Trophy Hunter XP gun?

I feel like Im missing some smoke and mirrors here for don't realize just how much difference the accustock makes.

bootsmcguire
03-20-2014, 09:22 AM
With the 16/116 XP you get a DBM but it is the plastic DBM setup similar to the Axis. With the 16/116 FCSS you get the all Stainless DBM setup as well as the accustock.

FWIW the stocks that come on all the XP's I have seen are pretty flimsy in the forearm area. The accustock is more rigid, however depending on the price difference you encounter (as retail often varies a fair amount from MSRP) you may be able to afford to upgrade to a aftermarket stock depending on your needs.

JustinNC
03-20-2014, 10:40 AM
Thanks. I was just wondering where the short cuts were in that even in retail it's $150 or so cheaper. That helps. I'm not a modification guy so I look for as close to what I want outa box and go from there. Frugality you could say. Lol

Hotolds442
03-20-2014, 10:44 AM
Lately, all of the XP packages have the DBM surround built into the stock, and is no longer removable. Buying a new stock means buying the correct bottom metal too. Changing a stock on the Weather Warrior requires you to purchase only the correctly inletted replacement stock.