PDA

View Full Version : remove ejector and extractor?

c_tappy
03-19-2014, 11:40 PM
Before I start the rebarrel process, I have watched videos of guys removing just the ejector, seen some guys remove both ejector and extractor, and I have heard guys say that you do NOT need to remove either of them? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

bootsmcguire
03-19-2014, 11:50 PM
No need to remove either. Just be sure that your go-gauge (or sized brass if you prefer that method as I do) is fully hooked under the extractor before feeding the go-gauge into the barrel. You can remove them if its suits you, but I find it unnecessary and another chance to loose parts. Now if you feel for any reason that your ejector or extractor may need servicing of any kind, then this is a great opportunity to do so, but for headspacing only there is no need.

Nor Cal Mikie
03-20-2014, 09:05 AM
Same goes for removing the firing pin. The bolt is cocked. Firing pin isn't sticking out of the bolt face. As far as removing the "ejector"? Some say it will cock the case over to the side? If you chamber has "that much" slop in it, you have a problem. Time to back up a couple of steps and take another look at the siruation!

c_tappy
03-20-2014, 03:39 PM
Alright thanks guys makes sense, my fingers are kinda too big and i could easily loose parts