PDA

View Full Version : Choate tactical stock questions

Rotorhead19
03-19-2014, 08:04 PM
I have a savage 110 (long action) with a detachable magazine. I recently purchased Choate's Tactical Savage stock that is bedded, free floated, with adjustable spacer system. The new stock is for long action but is built for centerfeed and not for the detachable magazine on the bottom. As far as I know, Choate does not make a long action detach mag stock so my question is, can I still use all of the hardware from my 110 and put it into this new stock? I was thinking of grinding out the bottom of the stock so I have access for the mag on the bottom but am hesitant to cut into a new synthetic stock without proper insight. Anyone ever deal with this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nzshooter
03-19-2014, 11:17 PM
Choate appear to do 2 versions of the right hand tactical stock, 1 is for centrefeed and states it does not accept DBM's, the other is choate p/n 25-06-14 which appears to be the stock you require easiet option would be to call choate and double check

bootsmcguire
03-20-2014, 12:21 AM
Yup. I'd call Choate and double check.

Also if you need to for awhile, if your 110 is a centerfeed DBM model, you can pop the mag body and follower off of the bottom metal plate and just get the "L" clip from Savage and use the mag body and follower as a Blind mag until you figure out what you want to do. Just a FYI for just in case.

Rotorhead19
03-21-2014, 06:02 PM
After contacting the gunsmith for Choate, He told me that they do not make any stocks available for the Long Action Savage with the DBM and that if this was the stock I wanted, I in fact, made the correct decision in purchasing the Choate tactical stock. I just need to drill or dremel out the bottom of the stock. Thanks all for your support and information pertaining to this matter. If you have any further questions or curiosity about my build feel free to ask me or PM me. This is my first rifle rebuild....so we shall see how it pans out.

SrD21
03-22-2014, 04:22 PM
Please let us know how it goes and maybe some pics. I have a 111 7mm with dbm and are trying to make a decision on a stock for my build.