PDA

View Full Version : Sav-1

JTCWCES
03-19-2014, 05:20 PM
Curious as to what everyone thinks about the sav-1 trigger compared to say a accutrigger or a timney???

Dennis
03-19-2014, 05:40 PM
SAV-1 trigger is a great Savage hunting trigger. I can't help you with the other two you mentioned.

Texas Solo
03-20-2014, 11:13 AM
I've shot the Sav1 trigger and don't see much difference in it and the Accutrigger. The Sav1 will go a bit lighter than the Savage hunting trigger, but how low do you want the trigger in a hunting rifle? IMHO, it's value does not outweigh the expense.

Joetinva
03-20-2014, 11:20 AM
It depends on what you plan to use the gun for. I have the SAV-2 on my .223 and 6.5 CM builds, both set about 4 oz for bench work. I call them my mental triggers because all you have to do is "think" fire and the rounds on it's way.

foxx
03-20-2014, 02:33 PM
I've bought 5 rifles in the past year with Accutriggers. Some new, some used. 1 of them was model 12 (varmint accutrigger), the rest were "regular" accutriggers. Some are good, some not so good. My best Accutrigger is a "regular". I played with them a bit and it helped some. I now prefer Rifle Basix Sav-1 and SSS Comp Trigger.

I have also bought a dozen or so older, used 10 and 110's in the past 6 months. Some actions are smooth and nice, some are gritty and drag. My guess is people love or hate the Accutrigger for the same reasons some hate or love Savages in general. We tend to assume that what we have is representative of the whole group. In my experience, they are not all that consistent one way or the other, I don't know why, but they all SHOOT. In fact, they all seem to shoot very WELL. I do know this: The triggers (Accutriggers, 3, 2 and even 1-screws) are inexpensive and easily replaced, fairly cheaply, if they cannot be tweaked enough to satisfy me. They're kinda "like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get."
Once I accepted this about Savage I learned to like them all the more. :)