PDA

View Full Version : 10 fcp-k

JTCWCES
03-19-2014, 10:54 AM
I've just purchased a mod 10fcp-k in .308 after reading mostly great reviews just havent picked it up yet, going to get it sunday, give me your pro's and con's if you have found any.......... Also what optic you have on this model or would you put on it, it currently has a nikon 6-18x40............ Whats your thoughts?????? I also have a mod 12 lrp in .308 and love it

emtrescue6
03-19-2014, 12:54 PM
I have a 10 FLCP-K in .308 (the lefty version)....I love mine, still trying to find a good load for it, but just haven't had the time to spend on the range. I installed a EGW rail and Millett rings and a 6-24x50AO Swift Premier on it and really like it. I also have several Nikon scopes and am happy with them as well. I have tried 150 and 165g Nosler Ballistic tips and had OK results...still seem to have the occasional flyer (usually on a cold bore)....I've ordered some 168g Nosler Custom Competitions I plan to load this week and try. It's a great rifle or the money...I haven't done any real mods to it yet...will eventually ad CDI bottom metal and AICS mags.

pitsnipe
03-19-2014, 12:56 PM
Own on in .308 left handed version. Leupold Mk 4 glass, 6.5 X 20 X 50 on top. Shoot "f" class and competition steel with it. And If I don't screw up, it does fairly well. With my limited abilities (getting better) it hold its own up against rigs costing 3 times as much. The Nikon is good glass. And 18 X is plenty out to 600 yards. Have stretched mine to 1100 yards. No cold bore hit mind you (still readin the wind) but 3rd round was a charm on the 36" gong. So, if the bad guy/Elk don't move I'll get em at this pace. Wind is a VERY humbling element of long range shooting.

Snipe