PDA

View Full Version : Trigger question...

RyanG
03-17-2014, 06:28 PM
I spent the better part of the day searching this sight and others looking for info on if my Model 11, that was manufactured in 2012 that, does not have an accutrigger to see if it can. It does have the spring in the rear of the trigger with the hole into the action just in front of the safety. I tried calling Savage but they were already closed for the day. Any help would be great... the trigger on this thing is terrible. I have replaced the rear spring and its a little better but totally like a sponge. I like the way the accutrigger works and is cheaper than a Rifle Basix or a Timney....

The rifle is a Model 11 top bolt release with the metal DBM in 308.

Thanks

Ryan

bootsmcguire
03-17-2014, 09:30 PM
I had an action that was equipped as you describe. It was a direct swap to get the Accu-trigger in mine. All I had to do was re-adjust the safety-screw. Works like a champ. Just melt or pick the black "thread locker gunk" out of the hole in the Accu-trigger and you can adjust the screw with an allen wrench.

RyanG
03-17-2014, 09:47 PM
Thanks Boots!!!!I knew that you would give me the info I needed. Thats exactly what I thought but wanted to make sure before I spent the money on a new one. Now hoping that Savage has them in stock....

Ryan

bootsmcguire
03-17-2014, 09:59 PM
Now the trick may be getting Savage to sell you one. I am told they restrict some of the trigger stuff to gunsmiths only, but I have also heard that if you sign a waiver of some sort relinquishing them of liability that they will sell you the gunsmith only stuff. I dunno.

I have always picked up my extra Accu-triggers used from other members here on Savage Shooters, so I cant tell you for sure.

Good luck and let us know what Savage tells you.

RyanG
03-17-2014, 10:05 PM
I sent them that wavier letter this morning and ordered several sear springs, which are restricted items. So for now I am keeping my fingers crossed....

jonbearman
03-17-2014, 10:50 PM
Where do you get the waiver letter? Can you pm me about it.

limige
03-19-2014, 12:28 AM
No kidding info please! I'd love to buy some trigger stuff from them.

New sears to convert away from the bottom release. Target triggers for some older guns...lots of good stuff to be had. Light spring for the accutriggers..

Blitzfike
03-19-2014, 12:29 PM
Jim Briggs at NSS has the light springs for the accutrigger. I got one from him last year and it did make a difference in the accutrigger in my 7 mag. Shoots steel much better than it did.

limige
03-20-2014, 04:01 AM
Thanks I bought several from him and I think he's marking them up quite a bit. No way a spring like that should go for $10. Gun shacks are $1.50 but they are the stiffer spring.

foxx
03-20-2014, 10:07 AM
I don't know why some springs are so expensive, but the right spring can make all the difference in the world sometimes. I know in a weak moment I once paid $20 for a Rifle Basix A-Bolt trigger spring. When it arrived, I thought, "You gotta be kidding me! There's no way this should have been $20!" Well, I went ahead and installed it and it did make a difference. Before that I had taken that gun to 2 different smiths that said there was nothing they could do to improve it. When it was all said and done I was glad I got it.