PDA

View Full Version : Dillon Precision for F-class ammo ?

Hammer
03-17-2014, 12:13 PM

How many of y'all use a Dillon machine to load your F-class ammo ?

seanhagerty
03-17-2014, 12:25 PM
I load precision 260 ammo on my. Precision may not be the term for what I shoot, but you get the picture.

I have shot some fairly small repeatable groups at distance with ammo loaded on my dillon. My pal (who I load for) has shot some insanely small groups at distance, repeatable also.

I dont use it as a progressive when loading precision stuff, I use it as a single stage. Ex: I lube and Size, then remove from press and tumble to remove the lube. Then I charge in my loading block, then back to the dillon for bullet seating.

I am pretty happy with this set up.

Sean

Gyro
04-12-2014, 01:48 PM
I have a Hornady LNL and use it semi progressively for my long range loads. I take new brass and fire form it to my chamber and the measure with a Hornady case gauge to size my brass to that dimension. I then trim to length, turn necks to size, uniform primer pocket depth, uniform flash holes and tumble the cases again. I prime my long range brass by hand. At this point my brass is back on the press for semi-progressive loading. For long range loads, I weigh each charge and use a powder die with funnel to charge the case. The bullet is seated and the ejected and checked for concentricity.