PDA

View Full Version : Need Limbsaver Pad Info

cajunfella
03-17-2014, 09:11 AM
Does anyone know what part # Limbsaver recoil pad would fit on the factory stock of a Model 12 VLP DBM? Or will it require a grind to fit type pad?

Thanks,,,,,

243LPR
03-17-2014, 09:30 AM
Unless you have really long arms you're better off having the stock cut back and then install a grind fit one. I put a pre-fit on a 110 wood stock and it made the LOP too long for me. The one you need is probably the same as the 110.

jpdown
03-17-2014, 10:32 AM
If you want an exact fit, then I recommend going with a small grind-to-fit. I have tried both the Limbsaver and Kick-Eez over the years. I use to go with Kick-Eez because they had more size selections, you could compare the buttstock to their online templates and they were easier to shape than a Limbsaver pad. But over time the Kick-eez pads did not hold up. They would start to crack and deform from the weight of the rifle setting on my gun rack. I have had good luck with the small Pachmyer Decelerator's grind to fit. They are easy to shape with a dremel wheel and sand paper and hold up over time. The top and sides will be almost a perfect fit. You will have to shape the toe. The following picture shows a small Pachmyer Decelerator I used to replace a Kick-Eez pad.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii276/jpdown/PICT0044_zps69808562.jpg (http://s266.photobucket.com/user/jpdown/media/PICT0044_zps69808562.jpg.html)

xsskeet
03-17-2014, 05:02 PM
If you do decide to go with the Kickeez, store it muzzle down! A couple of months sitting on the pad will squish it... Never to return to original shape! Don't ask me how I know.. :rolleyes:

Not sure about the limbsaver, but the Pachmyer's are great... Take you time and you will have good looking and functional pad.

J.Baker
03-17-2014, 06:51 PM
My Limbsaver pads have held up to standing on the butt just fine, and one's probably 6-7 years old now. One key tip to installing a Limbsaver pad is to freeze it before trying to sand it down to fit. It's soft enough that it will rip/tear when you try to grind it down if you don't.

coyote268
03-29-2014, 05:08 PM
My Limbsaver pads have held up to standing on the butt just fine, and one's probably 6-7 years old now. One key tip to installing a Limbsaver pad is to freeze it before trying to sand it down to fit. It's soft enough that it will rip/tear when you try to grind it down if you don't.

Give Marcie Rhoton at Limbsaver a CALL, 1-877-257-2761, she will help you out. I have Limbsavers on all my firearms.
Dan

jonbearman
03-29-2014, 05:11 PM
I have a limbsaver on a tc encore and it sat in my carpeted safe and melted into the carpet and now it looks like heck.