PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Help picking the correct scope rings or recommendations, please! :) Thanks

Bloodbrother29
03-15-2014, 08:18 PM
Hello fellow shooters!

Just thought I'd come here for some input. I'm trying to install a scope on my savage mk ii g (woodstock rifle, accutrigger, ready for mounts). Anyways, the scope I'm looking at installing, is the Nikon Prostaff Rimfire BDC 150 3-9x40. I am planning on ordering 2 of the Weaver #24 gloss Top mounts for the base(s), but was wondering what scope rings I should order for this rifle. Any input? If suggestions could be ones by weaver, that could make this purchase go smoother, but I am open to suggestions.

I appreciate all help.

Silvercrow1
03-15-2014, 11:02 PM
Hi BloodBro...

EXACT scope and mounts I had on mine before moving to a larger / different scope. The Weaver medium rings put my Nikon 3-9x40 Prostaff Rimfire 150 BDC objective bell about 1/8" above the barrel. My stock was the Savage OEM Thumbhole...accutrigger but not the newer "e" receiver. Hope this helps...

Brian

bootsmcguire
03-16-2014, 12:00 AM
If you are putting Weaver bases on, I would think hard about a set of Burris Sig Zee rings. I like them since they use the plastic inserts it doesn't mark up your scope, and if you ever decide that Mark II needs to start punching holes in paper wayyyyy out there, you can change out the inserts and get up to 40MOA of vertical adjustment, assuming you have enough clearance between your scope and barrel.

fordwannabe
03-16-2014, 03:06 AM
This may not be what you are looking for but I took the weaver mounts off of my mark II and replaced them with an EGW base($40 IIRC) and warne rings($30ish) and the increased accuracy has been undeniable. Just my thoughts. Tom

Sniper Steve
03-18-2014, 08:14 AM
+1 burris high z rings