PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Search

TDWilson
03-14-2014, 10:55 PM
Hello, everybody.

I am an owner of a Savage 10 FCM Scout in 7.62x39. I cannot find replacement magazines anywhere. When I called Savage, the customer service rep told me the rifle is discontinued, and they are not supporting it further. It seems odd they sell a product and will not offer support. Do any of you have a potential solution for me?

Thanks for your thoughts and time.

-Travis

bootsmcguire
03-15-2014, 01:32 AM
Did you try the Savage Parts Finder (https://store.savagearms.com/partfinder/)? Sometimes I have found that the "Customer Service Rep" doesn't know anything more than what is printed in the current Savage sales flyer or what their computer screen tells them they currently make. It's kind of sad when the customers often know more of their products then they do. ;)
If the Parts Finder doesn't help, I would call Savage back and try to speak with Effie Sullivan. She is the Savage Parts Expert so to speak and if they have or can get what you need, she would know.

TDWilson
03-15-2014, 10:57 AM
Thanks, Boots. I'll give Effie a call.

TDWilson
03-15-2014, 11:03 AM
Another thought. What if Effie has nothing for me? Are there options for changing the stock and magazine style? Could I change the stock and convert to a blind mag?

Thanks again.
-Travis

thomae
03-16-2014, 03:22 PM
Yes, but ideally, you would still use the 7.62x39 magazine body. It has tweaked feed lips for this cartridge as well as a block in the back to shorten the internal space. You might be able to use a .223 magazine body if you tweaked the lips, but I am not sure of that.