PDA

View Full Version : Apache Gun Works 260AI

Pages : 1 [2]

hcpyro13
03-19-2014, 07:14 PM
Great, now I need to order another barrel blank!

Apache
03-19-2014, 07:50 PM
I can do the work but I can't help with the counseling of the wives and personal obsessions....not that I have any of those problems! :rolleyes:.....(but I do have a few sneaky methods for slipping another barrel/gun into the house unnoticed!) LOL!

hcpyro13
03-19-2014, 07:58 PM
Please share, I might need help on this one!

COplains
03-30-2014, 06:02 PM
Well....how much time do I have before you get the reamers? Imma have to sell a kid or two, have plenty, two won't be missed, not by me at least...laffin. So what flavor blank can I get without breaking the bank? This build will be intended for a walking hunter, light weight and be able to reach 600yds for 'yotes and p-dogs.

bootsmcguire
03-30-2014, 10:09 PM
COplains, talk it over with Jim. He's a great guy to deal with. Check and see what options he has for you as far as blanks, but FWIW I have 3 barrels on Green Mountain Barrels blanks that were built by Jim and so far I have shot 2 and both shoot very well. The 6WSM is a consistant 3/4 MOA with any load I have tried so far, and its sub 1/2MOA with the ones it likes.

Green Mtn is cheaper than most and I would say they are equal to or a 1/2 step over ER Shaw IMHO if that helps any. I give it the 1/2 step based off of the lower price.

yobuck
03-31-2014, 10:16 AM
hmm, this could get interesting, maybe.
A few years back i picked up an old lefty 110 in 25/06 with some kind of after market barrel without a nut, 22".
I actually wanted the vx3 sitting on it more than the gun. It has one of those buttons on the stock for a mag release. Its a very good gun for the ceiling
gun rack in my jeep. But id rather it be a 6.5 and if having a choice a 6.5x06 ackley. I feel the magazine would still work well with that and thats important
for what its used for. So my question to the savage experts is would it work well with a 260 ai cartridge also? Ive already contacted jim about the 6.5x06ai.

foxx
03-31-2014, 10:22 AM
hmm, this could get interesting, maybe.
A few years back i picked up an old lefty 110 in 25/06 with some kind of after market barrel without a nut, 22".
I actually wanted the vx3 sitting on it more than the gun. It has one of those buttons on the stock for a mag release. Its a very good gun for the ceiling
gun rack in my jeep. But id rather it be a 6.5 and if having a choice a 6.5x06 ackley. I feel the magazine would still work well with that and thats important
for what its used for. So my question to the savage experts is would it work well with a 260 ai cartridge also? Ive already contacted jim about the 6.5x06ai.

I do not know why not. I am planning on putting mine on a long action with the side button mag release for a right-hand 30-06.

Apache
03-31-2014, 11:50 PM
After the order, Dave (Kiff) said it shouldn't take too long for this....he said it would be done before some of my other reamers get done that I've got back ordered......so, I hoping to get a notice that it has been shipped relatively soon. Once it arrives, I'll let y'all know.

Hotolds442
04-01-2014, 12:17 AM
Decisions......decisions.....
6.5/06.........260AI..........
you guys are killin me

Apache
04-08-2014, 10:26 PM
OK y'all......the 260AI reamer is on the way. I should have it by the end of the week.

greenhornet-1
04-12-2014, 11:41 PM
What do you charge to ream a 260 chamber to ackley? It's a striker barrel. Thanks!

Apache
04-13-2014, 10:33 AM
Sorry, I don't come here as frequently as I use too or I would have answered this sooner.

Clear out your PMs....your box is full....I'll send you a message.

Price depends on a few details. The barrel may need to be set back a little to do this right. It depends on the actual headspace of that barrel.

OIF/OEF
10-29-2014, 12:01 AM
The great thing about Apache Gun Works is he stops taking orders when he gets behind or knows he will not be able to deliver on the time frame promised to the customer. There are other gunsmiths that do not do this and continue to BS they're customers to keep them at bay. Apache good on you brother for being honest with people and still being able to provide a good product delivered ON TIME. You are a good example of an honest smith that hopefully a few will read about and follow your lead.

darb
11-16-2014, 12:28 PM
I just ordered a barrel. He answered all my e-mail questions in a timely manner. He also directed me to a muzzle brake supplier. Being older I am still not very comfortable doing business with out talking to someone at least at some point. I guess that is just the way it is in today's world. I am over it.