PDA

View Full Version : Savage 111 trophy hunter xp

Tjudeburton
03-12-2014, 11:25 AM
Hey everyone. I just purchased a 111 trophy hunter package. I haven't even shot it yet, but I've already torn it down. I've ordered a new stock, a lighter accu-trigger spring... Ect.... My question is about the Nikon BDC package scope. I've heard great things about these scopes. However I would like to find out if this is a good version, or a cheap generic Nikon with the Bdc reticle throw on...

Hotolds442
03-12-2014, 04:19 PM
Some have good luck with them, others not so much. The scopes are not of the same quality as an off the shelf Nikon. Also, make sure that your bottom detachable magazine surround is not molded into the stock, if it is you'll need to order a new one from Savage that is seperate from the stock.

Tjudeburton
03-12-2014, 05:01 PM
Yeah I already ordered the bottom metal from savage.

gjscott1996
03-13-2014, 12:43 PM
what i did was take apart the mounting rings, apply blue locktite re assemble, and haven't had any trouble with mine

because a few years before i had purchased a 110 package with a Simmons scope, and white tail deer season, could not hit anything(scope was rattling around in the mounts)

finally hit one(50yds, sighting along side barrel), and a bad shot in the abdomen and had to chase it to put it down(dont like doing that)