PDA

View Full Version : Rem. 30-06 Core Lokt 165gr HELP!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

mazda3gun
03-14-2014, 04:18 PM
Get in touch with Devin at Sinarms. He's member here. I've been trying to get my back-up 25.06 barrel to him for 6 months now. Every time I get ready, something comes up. Drop him a line of look for his site - Sinarms...

edit - http://www.sin-arms.com/

I sent them a message. Hopefully we can get something worked out!
Their website is...uh....rather simple lol.

fgw_in_fla
03-14-2014, 09:24 PM
I sent them a message. Hopefully we can get something worked out!
Their website is...uh....rather simple lol.

Simple is good.
Communicate by email. He's a good guy.

mazda3gun
03-17-2014, 04:44 PM
I know the 14th was Friday, but I emailed Sin Arms again and still haven't gotten a reply...:sorrow:

mazda3gun
03-18-2014, 09:12 AM
Depends on which way the break ports are facing. The ports on my '06 are facing back so it's not as loud in the bullet direction but, standing next to me or behind me the noise & wind will definitely make you stand up & take note.
Recoil became negligible after the "break job"...
Makes it a lot easier to stay on target for that follow up shot, too.

Best pic I have for now. I only paid 40 bucks for this one & I love it.
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w424/fgwinfla/pics002.jpg (http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/fgwinfla/media/pics002.jpg.html)

So, where'd you get your brake?

I have a "sporter contour' barrel, I think, it's skinny. 30-06 cal. Definitely not a bull barrel like that^up there, to me I call it, 'a plain ol ordinary rifle barrel'. I've come to Pacific Tool & Gauge's website, they carry them. Just don't know what I should get.

fgw_in_fla
03-18-2014, 09:25 AM
This guy:
http://www.muzzlebrakesandmore.com/

Just let him know what thread your using. The price is right & they look great.
Work even better than they look.

mazda3gun
03-18-2014, 09:34 AM
Well, guess I better get my barrel threaded...

mazda3gun
03-18-2014, 02:23 PM
I need to accurately "clock" my barrel at 12 O'clock to get it threaded. What's the best way to do this?

Assuming my barrel is in the proper position to begin with. I've never removed the barrel, who knows if previous owner did...

emtrescue6
03-18-2014, 02:37 PM
I need to accurately "clock" my barrel at 12 O'clock to get it threaded. What's the best way to do this?

Assuming my barrel is in the proper position to begin with. I've never removed the barrel, who knows if previous owner did...

Why do you need to accurately clock your barrel? My 2 cents? Find a local smith and have then do all the work....at the end of the day, it probably won't cost you anymore $ to have a smith pull the barrel, thread it, install break and re-install barrel than it will cost to piece it all together...plus, you'll save shipping costs, and the over-all time to complete the project will likely be shorter and, last but certainly not the least...if you have a problem you have a local smith to deal with. Threading a barrel is a pretty basic process for any smith worth his salt.

emtrescue6
03-18-2014, 02:38 PM

If yer not experiencing headspace problems, the barrel is likely installed correctly...

mazda3gun
03-18-2014, 02:44 PM
Can't find a local smithy that's worth anything.

Either they don't exist around here, within an hour or two drive, or everyone tells me to NOT go there to have this done.

mazda3gun
03-18-2014, 02:46 PM
I'm on board with the muzzle brake idea, a Limbsaver pad is on it's way too. I just want my 110 to be as fun to shoot as the other boom booms I own!

emtrescue6
03-18-2014, 02:46 PM
Can't find a local smithy that's worth anything.

Either they don't exist around here, within an hour or two drive, or everyone tells me to NOT go there to have this done.

Where are you located?

fgw_in_fla
03-18-2014, 02:56 PM
I have the barrel threaded and install the break as is. If it's not timed / lined up, use shims. Brownell's sells shim kits for about 10 bucks. if you're going to play with barrel swapping & muzzle breaks, you;ll need them.
I'll see if I can find the part number since they're a pain in the drain to find on their website....

edit - Here... Have a number - 100-005-379
http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/barrel-parts/muzzle-brakes/308-shim-set-sku100005379-38890-62427.aspx?sku=100-005-379
I bought 2 sets. Just in case. They're only 5 bucks each.

Happy shimming.

emtrescue6
03-18-2014, 02:57 PM
I have the barrel threaded and install the break as is. If it's not timed / lined up, use shims. Brownell's sells shim kits for about 10 bucks. if you're going to play with barrel swapping & muzzle breaks, you;ll need them.
I'll see if I can find the part number since they're a pain in the drain to find on their website....

Also a good option...

mazda3gun
03-18-2014, 03:56 PM
Don't know that I'll get into swapping too much, might get a smaller caliber barrel(270/243/223, something like that) but I'm sure I'd have to change out more than the barrel alone.

So, the brake will be staying on the 30-06.

mazda3gun
03-19-2014, 09:54 AM
No one has mentioned it, so it may be irrelevant and/or make no noticeable difference...but, would shooting a different grain bullet make a change? Currently likes the 165gr

fgw_in_fla
03-20-2014, 08:05 AM
Don't know that I'll get into swapping too much, might get a smaller caliber barrel(270/243/223, something like that) but I'm sure I'd have to change out more than the barrel alone.

So, the brake will be staying on the 30-06.

"Don't know that I'll get into swapping too much..."

Yeah right.
Famous last words.

mazda3gun
03-20-2014, 08:26 AM
"Don't know that I'll get into swapping too much..."

Yeah right.
Famous last words.
OK. OK. So I may be interested in a .223 as a starting point for smaller calibers...

That way, I won't have to swap bolt faces along with barrels and actions. Just barrels