PDA

View Full Version : Modification Kits???

gjscott1996
03-10-2014, 08:09 AM
i have a model 11/111 chambered in .270

i am wondering if anyone on here knows where i can find bull barrels for my gun, also a heavy stock

i want to turn this into a very accurate rifle that can shoot multiple times without heating up the barrel too much

the more important thing to me right now is a sturdier stock, i use a bi-pod and the factory stock leaves a little to be desired.

thanks!

Swissfan
03-10-2014, 08:38 AM
There are lots of barrel manufacturers, Bartlein, McGowen, Shilen, Hart, Pac-Nor, EA Brown, Criterion, Douglas, Kreiger and I'm sure there or others. For the stock, try Boyds, I have a couple of theirs and am happy with them. Stocky's stocks, Sharp Shooter Supply, Richard's Microfit stocks.

thomae
03-10-2014, 09:12 AM
Try reading through the various sections to get an idea of what others are trying, using, liking...

Also, your choices should be influenced by what you really want to do with the rifle. Shooting prairie dogs requires different equipment than long range competitions.

Read, learn, then let folks know what your rifle will be used for. You will get plenty of suggestions.

gjscott1996
03-10-2014, 02:28 PM
thanks for the prompt response, primarily i use this gun for deer hunting, and in Kansas it can be hard to get in under 300yds, the gun is accurate, but i want a little better performance,

however i plan to move to coyote and some very long range plinking.

i may get a boyds walnut blank, and work it myself

also, will 10/110 stocks fit(with a little modification)?

*edit
i may just start from scratch in my wood-shop class with decent size chunk of walnut

sha-ul
03-10-2014, 03:52 PM
thanks for the prompt response, primarily i use this gun for deer hunting, and in Kansas it can be hard to get in under 300yds, the gun is accurate, but i want a little better performance,

however i plan to move to coyote and some very long range plinking.

i may get a boyds walnut blank, and work it myself

also, will 10/110 stocks fit(with a little modification)?

*edit
i may just start from scratch in my wood-shop class with decent size chunk of walnut

Yes, 110 long action stocks will fit. What stock do you have now?
BTW what part of KS? Kingman/Pratt county area here.

gjscott1996
03-11-2014, 11:55 PM
Yes, 110 long action stocks will fit. What stock do you have now?
BTW what part of KS? Kingman/Pratt county area here.

i have standard factory for 111/11 bottom bolt release/detachable magazine

Decatur/Oberlin in NW corner