PDA

View Full Version : Making your own 'shoot + see' targers (sorry BC)

n4ue
03-09-2014, 06:14 PM
OK, this may not be a 'big' money saver, but I am retired and might have too much time on my hands.........ha ha

First, a friend gave me a big roll of flor. green contact paper. I cut some pieces and sprayed them with some Krylon Semi-Flat black. Worked great.

Next, I was at a Michaels craft store and bought a couple of sheets of 'construction paper' in both Flor. green and hot pink. I sprayed them with Krylon Clear. After drying, I resprayed them with Semi-Flat black. These worked great as well.

I do this because I shoot a lot at our private range. My boss can afford to buy the Birchwood Casey targets in bulk, but I like to tinker..... Yeah, he buys the paint too....

FWIW.......

ron

sha-ul
03-09-2014, 08:11 PM
Sounds pretty cool, I'll have to try it.

Stockrex
03-09-2014, 09:22 PM
OK, this may not be a 'big' money saver, but I am retired and might have too much time on my hands.........ha ha

First, a friend gave me a big roll of flor. green contact paper. I cut some pieces and sprayed them with some Krylon Semi-Flat black. Worked great.

Next, I was at a Michaels craft store and bought a couple of sheets of 'construction paper' in both Flor. green and hot pink. I sprayed them with Krylon Clear. After drying, I resprayed them with Semi-Flat black. These worked great as well.

I do this because I shoot a lot at our private range. My boss can afford to buy the Birchwood Casey targets in bulk, but I like to tinker..... Yeah, he buys the paint too....

FWIW.......

ron

post some pics pls of a used target :-)