PDA

View Full Version : B-Mag Series: .17 b-mag wsm floating barrel question.

mwhite
03-08-2014, 07:12 PM
I just picked up my 17 wsm and working on ammo now. However I was under the impression that the barrel was a completely free floating barrel.

I noticed out of the box my stock seems to be "pushed over" to the left more than center and when I take a dollar and slide it down the barrel about 4-6 inches into the stock it stops.

Is this how it should be or do I have a issue with the stock?

Ty for any info or help.

Jeremy B
03-08-2014, 07:14 PM
I just picked up my 17 wsm and working on ammo now. However I was under the impression that the barrel was a completely free floating barrel.

I noticed out of the box my stock seems to be "pushed over" to the left more than center and when I take a dollar and slide it down the barrel about 4-6 inches into the stock it stops.

Is this how it should be or do I have a issue with the stock?

Ty for any info or help.

There seems to be a lot of them that way even after using a Boyds stock. IMHO the barrel is too flimsy to be accurate freefloated

mwhite
03-08-2014, 09:17 PM
I am talking about the original stock. I was thinking of getting a Boyds stock but now I don't think it will help. I was wondering how many can take a dollar all the way down the barrel. Mine hits 4-6" down the barrel from the start of the stock.

Hotolds442
03-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Google B-Mag warped stock and you'll see a plethora of unsatisfied B-Mag owners who have issues with the cheesiness of their new rifles. Sending it back to Savage usually results in an adequate replacement.

gsperaz
03-09-2014, 04:52 PM
Shoot it before you make any changes to the stock. A few shoot well even with the stock touching. Most end up going back to savage repair or replacement.