PDA

View Full Version : .260 Rem dies

woolsocks
03-08-2014, 01:04 PM
I have a barrel in .260 rem match on the way and will need some dies. My main question is what are the differences between RCBS .260 vs Forster .260 bench rest dies? I will mostly be loading 140's and don't know if cheaper dies will allow me to seat to the lands. My first batch of brass will be resized .243 and if that does not yield desired results then I will investing in Lapua brass.

I have no personal experience with Forster dies so any insight to their quality would be appreciated.

emtrescue6
03-08-2014, 01:22 PM
All of the mainstream dies should work just fine and have plenty of adjustment....I prefer RCBS dies because they've always had excellent customer service and are great bang for your buck....I have several sets of RCBS dies that are over 40 years old....that being said they should all work just fine for the average reloader....I have Lee, CH, RCBS, Hornady, Lyman, Forster dies and have never had a problem with any of them if taken care of properly they should all last a lifetime.

hafejd30
03-09-2014, 01:59 PM
Got my 260 barrel on the way. I run a lee collet die and forester benchrest seater in my 308 match. Excellent runout, under .002 for the majority. Trying lee collet with redding benchrest seater in the 260. Only because the forester was out of stock.