PDA

View Full Version : Stocks at SSS

Deserthunter
03-15-2010, 11:59 PM
I see Laminated Stocks offered at SSS, at least on the website. Are they still available? They just might be the ticket for my lefty-varmint rig, Great Colors too..... They are expensive, any comments on the quality?

Thanks,
Desert

82boy
03-16-2010, 12:28 AM
Yes they are still available, and there are new colors to arrive in the near future. They are far cheaper than other quality stocks, you get a lot for the money. Their stocks are top quality, included is a pillar bedding job, and finished out to 400 grit sanding, options that cost a lot more on other stock, or sometime not even available on lower priced stocks.

The only complaints than most people have is they are hard to get a hold of, and the wait time. They stay busy, so if you call then try a few times, I found that if you call in the late morning early afternoon is the best time to get through. Just about everyone that has complained about the wait time has come back to say it was well worth the wait when they get there stock.

Deserthunter
03-16-2010, 12:50 AM
I'll get hold of them as soon as I can.... When you talk about "wait" time. 3mo, 6mo, 1yr.????

Thanks
Desert

pdog06
03-16-2010, 07:16 AM
I waited 5 weeks for mine...well worth it as it is all but ready for finish when you get it.

82boy
03-16-2010, 10:15 AM
5 to 6 weeks is about norm, But somepeople think that they are McSavage, and can not wait.

Deserthunter
03-16-2010, 11:26 AM
You wait longer than that for a "cheepie" and then it shows up wrong, I know. Ordered one from "R@(#(84d's, showed up right handed after 15 emails and 4 phone calls...... sent it back, no good to me.....

A regular sized stock (lop) is short for me. On my Choate I've added all the spacers and it's comfortabe now and the scope is the correct distance. But how do you measure LOP. I'm pretty good sized, 6'3", 38 inch sleeve. On my 700LH, I left the stock full lenght and added the Recoil Pad, It fits best of any stock I own....

Thanks,

Desert

phirebug
03-16-2010, 11:30 PM
I placed my order September 28th and received it March 10th.

The work is BEAUTIFUL. It is a really, really well made stock. I can't wait for the rest of the stuff to come so I can start putting this thing together!

Peter_Kirch
03-17-2010, 12:36 AM
I'll let you know how mine turns out. Everything is in the mail back to me as we speak. got an LVT with all the bells and whistles and a T&T'd action with barrel install. should be a nice rig

love2shoot
03-17-2010, 10:34 PM
Very good quality stocks. Took just shy of 6 months though.

nhm16
03-18-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm very happy with my LVT stock from SSS. I ordered mine in mid-July and it was finished in early November. I then sent my action in for T&T and to be glass bedded to the stock. I'm so pleased with it, I ordered another one in long action, which currently wears a Duramaxx.

BTW from what I gather I get the impression that a subcontractor makes their stocks, since I was told not to send my action in until they (e.g. SSS) received the finished stock.

mgs44mag
03-18-2010, 10:56 PM
They get the stocks in as semi inletted. They finish the inletting per customer order and what ever else maybe required for completion.

Peter_Kirch
03-19-2010, 01:17 AM
Hey just got my new LVT in today. It'd be tough to improve on this thing!

Check out my new thread it has pics. I'll get more up as I finish the stock.
http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,31308.0.html

-Peter