PDA

View Full Version : Mod 112 Series J stock question

308Prepper
03-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Hey folks, new guy here. I did a quick search in the forums, but could not find any reference to my question. Hope someone here can point me in the correct direction.

I have a Savage Model 112 Series J single shot 220 Swift w 26” Heavy Barrel. I'm wanting to replace the OEM wood stock with a lightweight synthetic sniper/target style stock. Have read that there were many variations of my rifle, and of course I'm totally confused on what will or will not fit.

Can anyone here help me determining synthetic what will fit this rifle?

Thanks
Mark H

J.Baker
03-07-2014, 08:40 PM
Sharp Shooter Supply (laminate) or Stockade Gunstocks (synthetic) will likely be your only two options as most of the others (McMillan, HS Precision, Boyds, etc) don't inlet for the early intermediate/J-Series action screw spacing due to very limited demand.

Hotolds442
03-07-2014, 08:59 PM
The only thing Boyds offers in an intermediate length stock is the semi-inletted classic style. Hardly what you're looking for, but it's an option.
I dug up an old thread that might give you a few other options
http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?8043-synthetic-stock

bootsmcguire
03-07-2014, 09:46 PM
Measure your action screw spacing before anything else.

If it is 4.52" then you have what is often referred to as the "J Series" action which was the odd duck as far as finding stocks and Jim's comment above is perfectly on target.

If it measures 5.062" then you have an Action based on the Long Action size and pretty much any long action stock inlet will fit since all long actions use the 5.062" spacing.

I only mention this because my 112 "J-Series" is based off the long action so it can go either way depending on when it was made.

You may want to check out this Article (http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?128-Savage-Action-Lengths) on Savage action lengths. It also applies to the single shot actions as well. The 4.52" spacing is the one with limited options.