PDA

View Full Version : mounts and rings

scott597
03-15-2010, 10:04 PM
heres a dumb question for ya...what is the "old standy" mount and ring set-up that seems to be the best basic set-up? i like 2-peice mounts with windage adj. i've got a stevens 200 in .243. mostly a yote gun. i currently have weaver 2-peice steel mounts with weaver "quadlock" rings. is this a junk set-up? also trying to keep this affordable. are luepold mounts and rings any good? any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

dcloco
03-15-2010, 10:50 PM
The quad lock rings are kind of hard on scopes. I prefer the Burris Signature Zee rings.

Otherwise, a set of Leupy's or Burris work well.

Post a WTB ad in the classifieds....

Slowpoke Slim
03-16-2010, 11:26 AM
I'm not sure if you're asking about a setup you already have in place, or about setting up a new rifle? If it's a setup you already have, are you having problems with it?

I'm using a 2pc Burris dual dovetail base and Burris signature rings and a Nikon scope on my Stevens 200 in 223. That is my coyote rifle, and I picked that setup because it's "bomb proof", not because it's cheap. My 'yote rifle gets a lot of hard use, and what some would call abuse, but it's rock solid.

scott597
03-16-2010, 10:43 PM
thanks for the input fellas, this is a fairly new rifle and i will admit i threw a mount and ring setup as quickly as i could . i was anxious to shoot it and now am looking at something a little more permanent (if there a such thing) thanks again.