PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Pa Savage Shoot(May 10th)(POSTPONED)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Stockrex
05-06-2014, 11:10 PM
OK guys. I have updated the attendee list in the first post.

As far as Im concerned anyone on that list is in.

If I have a "guest" written next to your name, that means you have agreed to share your bench with them.

*There will be some that do not stay all day, at which time the rest of us can spread out some if needbe( I may be out of
bullets and spectating by then...lol).

*There will also be some that don't shoot that much but have an assigned bench, so we may be able to leapfrog over to
another bench for a bit as well.

If anyone on the list realizes they cannot make it please let me know so I can update the list, and adjust the pairings or add someone if needbe.

Thanks,

pdog

Pdog, please remove my name and open up my spot. I am not comfortable bringing my rifles back and leaving them in the hotel in downtown Baltimore after the shoot.
Sorry for the late cancellation.

pdog06
05-07-2014, 08:14 AM
Well, I Do Not Blame You For That. You Are More Tha. Welcome To Still Come Up If You Like Just To Hang Out. We Would Get You Pulling The Trigger On Something Im sure

pdog06
05-07-2014, 11:32 AM
About The Weather, One Thing To Remember Is That Alot Of Us Are Traveling 3 To 4 Hours To Get There And Would Hate To Have To Turn Around And Come Back Home Cause Of The Weather.

Also, Remember The Path Up To ThE Targets Is All Dirt So Im Not Sure It Will Be Passable If Its Raining.

I Will Be Calling ThE Rangemaster In An Hour Or So To Get His Feel On It, Both On The Travel Path And The Fog And Rain.
I Will Post Back Whats Going On After I Speak With Him.

I Know Some Arent Worried About Weather, But I Think Alot Of folks Will Not come If It Is Gonna Rain All Day.

12fv 308
05-07-2014, 12:37 PM
About The Weather, One Thing To Remember Is That Alot Of Us Are Traveling 3 To 4 Hours To Get There And Would Hate To Have To Turn Around And Come Back Home Cause Of The Weather.

Also, Remember The Path Up To ThE Targets Is All Dirt So Im Not Sure It Will Be Passable If Its Raining.

I Will Be Calling ThE Rangemaster In An Hour Or So To Get His Feel On It, Both On The Travel Path And The Fog And Rain.
I Will Post Back Whats Going On After I Speak With Him.

I Know Some Arent Worried About Weather, But I Think Alot Of folks Will Not come If It Is Gonna Rain All Day.

All good points Mike.. I for one don't want to drive 3 hrs and not be able to see past 300 yards.. But hey if that's the case we could all go to a dinner and catch up....
Thank you again for taking your time and setting this all up.. Pete

ThorBird
05-07-2014, 06:44 PM
I hope the weather turns out OK. You all will have a great time if you go. But, if it is called off, I sure hope to make it to the late summer-fall shoot.

shovelheadave
05-07-2014, 06:51 PM
Ok I wasn't sure if the "cancelled if it rains" was sarcasm or for real.

12fv 308
05-08-2014, 11:35 AM
Rifle's are clean, bags packed, getting out of work at 9pm on Friday night.... Hope the weather hold's...

sniper15545
05-08-2014, 03:01 PM
Weather's still calling for rain and thunderstorms.

Stockrex
05-08-2014, 04:33 PM
Well, I Do Not Blame You For That. You Are More Tha. Welcome To Still Come Up If You Like Just To Hang Out. We Would Get You Pulling The Trigger On Something Im sure

Thanks, but I already switched out my southwest tickets. I love that area, the girls and I drove through in April during spring break.

Hopefully weather will co-operate for the event.

Balljoint
05-08-2014, 07:16 PM
I hate to do this BUT i will not make it to the shootout as the Wife is having dental surgery Friday afternoon and a follow up on Saturday so looks like i will not make it this year.
Hope it doesn't rain and every one has a great time.

EFBell
05-08-2014, 08:12 PM
I'm coming regardless. The 25-06 BVSS is in the truck. Thats all I'm bringing this time. I sure hope someones there when I get there...

12fv 308
05-09-2014, 07:43 AM
Any Word Mike? Maybe we should find out how many guys want to go Rain or shine? Im with Ed, but cant pay half the range fee's if it's just me and Ed?lol- Weather say's 60% Of t-storms. But drops down to 40% in the afternoon... Do we still have to pay for the range even if we don't go?
Pete

pdog06
05-09-2014, 09:59 AM
The Shoot Has Been Postponed!

I Will Discuss The Schedule With The RanGe And Look For A New Date Later In The Year, Like Late August Or Early September.

A Couple Of The Reasons We Chose To Do ThIs:

A)I Have Been Contacting Various People Whom I Had Numbers For And Have atleast 10-12 People Who Arent Coming, Plus Those Who Have Already Posted.

B) The Trail Up To The Various Distances Is A Dirt Trail, Which Will Be Mud When It Rains And May Limit Us To Walking Up There.

C) If its Raining The paper targets Wont Be Worth A Crap And Would Limit Us To Steel, And theres Not Enough Steel For Everyone To Be Shooting At The Same time.

D) Fog Coming Down ThE Mountain Side Can Be An Issue, Which Could Limit Our Shooting Distances. This Is A Problem Since Most Want To Shoot ThE 1000Yd Range.

E) We Do Not Owe The Money If We Cancelled By Noon Today, So I Did That this Morning.The Rangemasters Are Very Nice And Understanding People. Actually, They Werent Even Gonna Be There Tomorrow And Gave Me The Gate Combo To help Ourselves. That Is A Positive thing For Our Future Shoots That We Already Have That Trust.

I Would Much Rather Have Everyone Be Able To Enjoy Thereselves On A Nice Day, Than Worry About Dodging Weather All Day. While This May Not Be An Issue For Some, Most Dont Wanna Drive 3-4Hrs And Spend 80-100 In Gas Or Diesel Fuel And Not Get A Good Days Shooting.

If For Some Reason You Are One That Still Wants To Go, Pm Me And I Will Give You The Rangemasters Number To See If You Can Get A Visitors Pass For The Day.

I Will Keep Everyone Posted On A New Date.

pdog

12fv 308
05-09-2014, 10:15 AM
Sounds good Mike... Hope to see all in the fall....

DennisPA
05-09-2014, 11:32 AM
Sounds good Mike. Thanks for making the call. Hopefully see you all in the fall.

shovelheadave
05-09-2014, 03:14 PM
Sounds good. Fall it is.

Thanks for your work on this.

ThorBird
05-10-2014, 12:14 AM
Sounds like a good and safe call. I hope to be there if in Sept, not sure I can do August.

yobuck
05-10-2014, 10:22 AM
May was too early to leave Florida anyway lol. Aug. Sept sounds better as i'll be in that area by then anyway.
I'll be bringing my own bench, maybe several of them.

thomae
05-10-2014, 03:00 PM
Well, the six of us who didn't get the word had a great time, good company and perfect weather (until about 1300 when the rain finally DID start). Pictures will be forthcoming!

For what it's worth, when you edit a post, it does not show up as a NEW or UNREAD post if the user has already marked it read.

Personally, I'm glad I didn't know it was canceled :rolleyes:

pdog06
05-10-2014, 06:41 PM
Well thomae, for what its worth, don't blame you and the others not knowing on me! I only edited the original posts title so that it showed that it was postponed. If you were looking for unread or new posts then you should've seen the NEW post that I posted, saying it was postponed!!!!!! If you marked it as read then that is not my fault. All I can do is make the best decision possible based on the info I got from the members who were supposed to be coming. When I realized over 2/3 of the group was not coming I chose to try re-scheduling it.

I cannot help it that some didn't think to look thru the recent posts the day before the shoot, knowing there was a strong chance of rain and thunderstorms. I posted the new post very early in the day, so there was plenty of time for everyone to find it.

If there is a better way to do it then maybe someone else would like to be the one to set up the shoots from now on.

I hope the 6 of you took a collection to pay the $200 then. If not then one of you need to make sure that happens. PM me and I will give you the contact info. We do not want to ruin our future for shoots there, and once they find out some of us still showed up they will be wanting to know where their fee is.

Who were the 6 that didn't check the site and still showed up?