PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Pa Savage Shoot(May 10th)(POSTPONED)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

DennisPA
03-28-2014, 08:35 AM
Please put me and if possiable my wife on the waiting list since we didn't make it last year.

As for the limited benches maybe break the sign up into an AM and PM squad and maybe a left and right bench.

For example my wife and I would only be able to make it up first thing in the morning and maybe stay till about lunch since we will need to get child care to do this. Also this will be great pratice for Ridgway VBR shoot so our first choice for a bench would be the left 1k side.

As a bribe I have alot of 1k paper targets that I can bring one free for each member and guest to have.:thumb:

12fv 308
03-28-2014, 12:12 PM
My take is this, If you have a Guest, you will double up with that guest. I was able to shoot at 1000 from the right side so I don't think getting the left or right side is an issue. If we all have to double up maybe make a 45 min time limit. Then give everyone 15min to get off the bench and reset for the next person. Then give that person 45 min, and so on. If someone on the right side wants to shot the left side maybe after two 45min rounds we give people from the right side two rounds from the left... For the 1000 yard one shot shoot, we pick a bench and set up one rest. each person will bring there rifle to that bench and take there shot..

Ackevor
03-28-2014, 09:03 PM
Can you shoot from the ground? I make shooting mats and I prefer shooting the way I do in the field. I would be fine with being just off to the side and going prone all day long :)

pdog06
03-28-2014, 11:02 PM
no...

HalfTrack
03-31-2014, 10:42 AM
I completely agree with Pete on the sharing concept. That almost always works out very well and everyone gets their time to make some major noise.
I will gladly share a bench with anyone needing it. I don't have a guest but will do it no problem.
Looking forward to the event.
Thanks Guys,
HalfTrack

pdog06
04-01-2014, 07:48 PM
OK guys. I have updated the attendee list in the first post.

As far as Im concerned anyone on that list is in.

If I have a "guest" written next to your name, that means you have agreed to share your bench with them.

*There will be some that do not stay all day, at which time the rest of us can spread out some if needbe( I may be out of
bullets and spectating by then...lol).

*There will also be some that don't shoot that much but have an assigned bench, so we may be able to leapfrog over to
another bench for a bit as well.

If anyone on the list realizes they cannot make it please let me know so I can update the list, and adjust the pairings or add someone if needbe.

Thanks,

pdog

EFBell
04-03-2014, 08:12 PM
I've no problem sharing. I'm probably not going to shoot a whole heck of a lot anyway.

Balljoint
04-16-2014, 08:07 PM
I'll share BUT need right side of the bench as going to shoot my 300 BLK for one of three rifles.

shovelheadave
04-22-2014, 10:03 AM
That's a good point.......anyone know our ratio of RH to LH shooters ??

I'm LH too, I shoot from the right side of the bench.

Balljoint
04-30-2014, 08:48 PM
I think i made a mistake as i am right handed so need LEFT SIDE of bench my-bad

J.Baker
05-01-2014, 08:25 AM
Someone just remember to take plenty of photo's this year as nobody remembered to last year. Maybe Ed can be the official event photographer since he isn't planning on shooting much. :thumb: I know everyone enjoys seeing them and it would be nice to have a new batch to post up on the Facebook page.

HalfTrack
05-03-2014, 01:21 PM
Hi pdog, I was looking at the weather forecast this morning and saw there might be some chance of rain next week.
I know it is very likely that will change, but I haven't seen or heard anything about a possible Rain Date for the event.
Is there an alternate plan in case of weather?

Just curious,

Bruce (HalfTrack)

DennisPA
05-03-2014, 02:28 PM
The paper targets I have are 42" x 42". Is there anyway to hang them out at the the longer ranges? I can make something but I'm just wondering if there is anything out there. Thanks

pdog06
05-04-2014, 09:55 PM
There should be backer boards out there at most of the distances, but I would probably make a couple stands for them if possible.

Halftrack, the alternate plan if it rains is............stay home.;)

I did not book a rain date because their schedule was pretty much filled up for this time of year. If it rains out then I will set a later date at that time. Probably in the late summer-early fall.

12fv 308
05-05-2014, 08:10 AM
There should be backer boards out there at most of the distances, but I would probably make a couple stands for them if possible.

Halftrack, the alternate plan if it rains is............stay home.;)

I did not book a rain date because their schedule was pretty much filled up for this time of year. If it rains out then I will set a later date at that time. Probably in the late summer-early fall.

I would be fine shooting in the rain. The winter benchrest comp. I do is rain, snow or shine... lol But The best thing is for you pdog06 to call it on Friday night...
Its going to be a fun filled day!!!

DennisPA
05-05-2014, 08:16 AM
I agree I'm not worried about the weather. I was planing on bringing my canopy. If it rains that hard I'll just shoot steel.
That brings up a question how are we getting steel and stuff out on the range? Is anyone local bringing a truck or anything. I can bring my truck but at over an hour away I would prefer to bring my car.

fordwannabe
05-05-2014, 10:02 AM
I will be bringing my truck and I'm a whole lot further than an hour away. My bet is Doug will be bringing his truck and Mike's official driver will probably be in a truck, so no worries about that.

shovelheadave
05-05-2014, 07:59 PM
Aren't the benches under a roof ?? Looking at the pics on their website.

EFBell
05-06-2014, 01:59 PM
Yes Dave, it's covered. pretty nice setup really.

sniper15545
05-06-2014, 08:28 PM
The problem is right know its 70% chance of rain for Sat. And with rain comes the fog!