PDA

View Full Version : EGW 20 moa sighting question

PAPERKILLER
03-06-2014, 12:36 PM
I have just purchased a used receiver with a EGW 20 moa base installed on it. Looks like the guy did a good job of install; upgraded mounting screws to larger 8-40 screws (this was a magnum action before it was converted to .308 push feed). My question is after mounting my 6x20-44 weaver grand slam scope, will I have enough adjustment to sight in at 50 or 100 yards? I could by some Burris signature zee rings and then adjust them up by 10 moa to give me more latitude for short range work. I hear a lot of good things about these rings, but I don't like the slot screw mounting system. I would rather have a allen or torx screw arrangement. Any thought would be greatly appreciated as I'm mew to the whole canted base thing.

Mark, Paperkiller

KRP
03-06-2014, 12:47 PM
Honestly, no one can definitively answer that question without mounting the scope and testing. Current production Signature rings come with torx head screws for attachment to the base.

PAPERKILLER
03-06-2014, 01:00 PM
KRP, Thanks. I thought I saw another screw type on a web sight, but read several complaints about the slot screws.

The_Agent_
03-07-2014, 02:37 PM
I can't speak upon your exact set up but I've got a primary arms 4-14ffp on a 20moa base with tps rings and I'm able to zero at 100 with out any issues. I have roughly 13mils worth of adjustment till I'm bottomed out, so I could get away with 50yards as well