PDA

View Full Version : 116 heavy barrel stock help

The_hunter23
03-05-2014, 11:17 AM
First of this is my first post so here it is.

I am just starting collage so I'm not loaded and manners is not in my price range but have been shooting all my life and I have a 116 300 win mag with a bull fluted barrel that needs a stock. It has the accu-stock that is not what I'm looking for. I bought this as a starter tactical rifle build.

Should I go with the Boyd tactic oil stock or a choate tactical? I will put devcon 10110 to it (like most of my rifles) with either one I get. What do you guys think?

I don't mind weight because this is a long range gun and it will tame the recoil at the range.

FW Conch
03-06-2014, 12:41 PM
If you don't mind the weight, I would suggest the Choate. Then you won't need the Devcon, IMHO. ;-))

The_hunter23
03-06-2014, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the reply Conch... I was leaning toward the choate anyways but was just making sure I wasn't over looking the Boyd to find out later that it was the better choice.
Thanks I know what I'm ordering now.

Luke45
03-06-2014, 03:29 PM
If you don't mind the weight, I would suggest the Choate. Then you won't need the Devcon, IMHO. ;-))
++1

devildogandboy
03-06-2014, 11:16 PM
I have two of the Choates, excellent stocks for my purpose and you won't need to bed the action. they are heavy stocks!

Bruce