PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Something Else to Worry About...?

Silvercrow1
03-04-2014, 11:33 PM
:confused: So, most of you who've endured my posts know I loves my Savages, and not the least of which is my MK II Classis which I bought used.

I clean it after every firing (I know...some say you don't need to / shouldn't) but I don't go "nuts" about it. It's got a beautiful gloss finish, nice wood stock and although I look at it as a "tool" I want to keep it and ALL my guns clean and in "ready" condition.

SO...you know those little "inletted" spaces on the breech face, either side of the chamber? The ones where the extractors go? I've always sorta "blind" cleaned them- pipe cleaner, little solvent, dry, little lube. WELL- I changed scopes earlier this week and thought I'd do a real thorough cleaning / inspection. To my shock, the inlet on the left side (looking at the breech/chamber) is cut, or has worn (?) VERY close to the chamber "mouth". Never noticed it before- still shoots well, still feeds / ejects properly. OF COURSE I'm wondering- WILL this become a problem? Are all the .22LR cut this way?
The right side there is plenty or metal- left side...whoo boy!

It occurs to me this may be an intentional thing- but honestly, I'm not the most mechanically minded person.

Anyway- if anyone has any insight into this. I'm all about Preventative Maintenance whenever possible.

If I'm being silly...well...it won't be the first time. Thanks Guys.

Paranoid in Pa.
Brian

Silvercrow1
03-08-2014, 03:27 PM
So is this post THAT silly no one will answer? Seriously folks- if anyone can just even tell me if there is a diff. between the "notches" on the breechface on their MKII or similar rimfire....?? THANKS

Brian

bootsmcguire
03-08-2014, 03:44 PM
I no longer have my Mark II, but early on it did exhibit the notches like you are describing. I put many rounds through it and never had an issue.

Silvercrow1
03-09-2014, 10:10 PM
Thanks Boots- yes it is an older model, definitely not the newer "E" stock. Thanks- if anything is going on with it I wanted to know..Brian