PDA

View Full Version : 12 LRP range report

bflee
03-04-2014, 08:06 PM
Well this isnt exactly a high quality report but I did get my Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 mil scope the other day and mounted it. Its a little higher than I like but it will work. I set the scope with 4 shots, just to make sure I was on with the last two, and then shot a 12 oz drink can with a five shot group. I lost one but the others could be covered with a dime. I am very satisfied with the 12 LRP 6.5 creedmoor and the Vortex scope. I think it will fit all my needs from deer, dogs, hogs and varmint that I can hunt here in North Carolina. It has already dispatched some dogs and a crow at 120 yards with a 3-9x40 mounted on it. The new scope really stretches my range though. I am a happy camper.
http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/bflee1/63928330-A2D5-4C09-8EA5-4423DF373E95_zpsjccnuhto.jpg

limige
03-05-2014, 02:18 AM
Nice choice in equipment. But I agree the scope should be lower. You may want to trim the base to the front of the action and find a set of low rings for it. I've been trying different ring/base options myself trying to get something worked out I like
warne low rings on an egw base with a 50 mm pst is a nice combo. I bought a set for my HS-T but haven't swapped over yet. Just got my FAT wrench today and vortex bubble levels. Hoping to load some rounds and do sight in soon!