PDA

View Full Version : West Michigan - Spring Shoot and Social

Stockrex
03-03-2014, 05:52 PM
Greeting from a balmy Grand Rapids, MI.

I wanted to see if there is any interest to get together this spring for a shoot and social.

Venue: SKSC - South Kent Sportsman's Club, Dorr MI

Date: I am thinking sometime in May before the mosquitos come out in full force. We will have to settle on the 500 yard range as the 100/200 might have NRA Highpower or CMP shoots. The 500 range has back stops at 400, 300, 200.

We could use the club house to do some presentation/knowledge sharing.

I am going to find out possible dates from the club.

New Date first weekend in June, I will confirm date 5/3.

foxx
03-03-2014, 06:19 PM
I might be up for that. Keep me posted.
normanfox4570 at yahoo dot com

phone: eight one zero six zero 6 zero 7 six eight

limige
03-03-2014, 07:24 PM
That would be sweet!

cjfish
03-03-2014, 11:25 PM
Sweet

emtrescue6
03-04-2014, 01:53 PM
I can't believe how many Michiganders are on this forum....everytime I turn around i run into another one....lemme guess, yer all lefty's too like Foxx and I?

I would love to if I happen to be home around then...it's a bit of a drive (I live between Jackson and AA) but would be a fun weekend trip. My gawd....600 yards....I better bring my daughter is that's all the distance we'll be shootin ;) ;) ;)

Stockrex
03-04-2014, 04:52 PM
I can't believe how many Michiganders are on this forum....everytime I turn around i run into another one....lemme guess, yer all lefty's too like Foxx and I?

I would love to if I happen to be home around then...it's a bit of a drive (I live between Jackson and AA) but would be a fun weekend trip. My gawd....600 yards....I better bring my daughter is that's all the distance we'll be shootin ;) ;) ;)

Bring your daughter, I am planning on taking my 10 year old,
Correction it is 500 Meters,
the 500 meter range has back stops at 200, 300, 400, 500 for centerfire and shorter for rimfire.
So we even design our ultimate sniper challenge ;-)

Stockrex
03-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Here is a photo of the Range
http://i.imgur.com/FWXufO8.jpg

foxx
03-04-2014, 05:09 PM
this should be good! Never been a shoot of any kind. I can bring the brats if someone's got a grill :)

Stockrex
03-04-2014, 08:25 PM
this should be good! Never been a shoot of any kind. I can bring the brats if someone's got a grill :)

Cool, I will bring my little tailgate grill,
I will make a run to Costco and get beef dogs and other supplies.

I spoke to one of the gods at the club and he blessed it.

How is 5/3? does that work for everyone?

This is the first Sat day of the month. The 500 meter range is not booked for the NRA Rifle Silhouette shot that day.

emtrescue6
03-04-2014, 10:28 PM
If I am in town and not on travel for work, count me in...I will bring the girls (they shoot) and can bring venison burger for burgers and fresh Alaska Salmon if ya'll want!

foxx
03-04-2014, 11:27 PM
Venison and Salmon?! Heck yeah!

emtrescue6
03-05-2014, 03:01 PM
The bennies of having a place in Alaska :)

foxx
03-05-2014, 03:06 PM
The bennies of having a place in Alaska :)

;) Who's your buddy?

emtrescue6
03-05-2014, 03:06 PM
hahahaha!!!! Seem when I let that slip the # of friends increases exponentially! hahaha

Stockrex
04-30-2014, 07:12 PM
My apologies guys, I will still out of town and did not get a chance to prep for this.
I hope first weekend in June works for you guys.

I have 1 metal gong and couple of composite pdogs. I need to weld up a few more gongs and/or pdogs. Anyone with some free time and willing to help pls pm me.

How about:
1. Off hand rimfire steel challenge
2. centerfire pdog/steel challenge

Awards:
Top Shot Trophy - winner get to keep it till next challenge
Worst Shot Trophy - same winner keeps it next challenge

Anyone has any ideas for the actual trophies?

I will be at SKSC this Sat day around 11 am, if anyone want to swing by, pm me and I will send you my cellphone # if you want to meet up at the range. I will be taking my M1 Garand to practice before the mosquitos take over.
Once again my apologies for late change, swing by this weekend if you can, lunch is on me.

emtrescue, save those salmon/vension steaks...
foxx, I will give u a quick call Friday.

emtrescue6
04-30-2014, 08:50 PM
I was in a bad car accident 5 weeks ago ....busted up my right foot bad....and won't be even able to bare weight on it for 8 more weeks at the earliest, so am stuck in a rehab facility for now. Really wish I could join ya'll. Have fun!

J.Baker
05-01-2014, 08:30 AM
Edit: Nevermind, my brain finally caught up to my eyeballs. LOL

foxx
05-01-2014, 09:49 AM
I was in a bad car accident 5 weeks ago ....busted up my right foot bad....and won't be even able to bare weight on it for 8 more weeks at the earliest, so am stuck in a rehab facility for now. Really wish I could join ya'll. Have fun!

That's a bummer. Real sorry to hear that. Was also looking forward to meeting you. Hopefully we can get something going here and keep it going so you can join us another time.

emtrescue6
05-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Yeah tell me about it Foxx! With any kind of luck I'll be walking again by late June....if I don't go nuts first from being stuck in this rehab facility....

limige
05-01-2014, 09:06 PM
Yikes. I really need to start my load work up!