PDA

View Full Version : 22-250 Project Build Finished

SlimySquirrel
03-02-2014, 02:49 PM
After some time the Project 22-250 is finished and Sold!

Haha.. classic.

The final product was pretty slick and really accurate with the Speer 52 gr Hp projectiles.

Thanks for all the info from here as it was a long drawn out process and it had a few bumps on the way.

Someone offered me good money for it and I couldn't say no as the thought of another project was too tempting!!

I learnt quite a bit about Savage in the process and what works v what doesn't in a practical way so I am thankful for that.

Here is a really quick video of her taking a Feral goat @440Yds with a heart shot and the 52 grain pills... gets there pretty quick!

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=249uJBrFiNU

jonbearman
03-04-2014, 12:19 PM
Looks like it worked real well. What stock is on it?

SlimySquirrel
03-04-2014, 02:11 PM
Thanks boss. Turned out really well.

Boyds featherweight thumbhole in the black textured paint.

limige
03-05-2014, 02:31 AM
Lol that's awesome. Looks like there were a few critters there.

SlimySquirrel
03-05-2014, 04:52 PM
Yeah man, It's a great country for some Critter action.

Gotta say that the Build was great as it scratched an itch so to speak.

If I had my time again I would go for a better stock as after the mods required for Mag inletting and pillar bedding there was not a heap of wood left in the stock by the action.

I also reckon that for a "Walk about" Varminter it would be worth having the flutes cut a bit deeper as that Varmint barrel weighs some.

As per with Savage though it was stupid accurate....

The Timney trigger is an excellent buy for those with a Stevens but not a massive gain over the Accu if you get it sorted.

Nandy
03-05-2014, 11:53 PM
What camera are you using, that is nice zoom. Where about is that goat hunting? general, not in detail of course.

SlimySquirrel
03-06-2014, 03:14 AM
Nikon p510 .. pretty good zoom.. wind beats it up a bit though.

In Wellington for the shooting, pretty rough country but excellent for Goats.

Actually, it's not me shooting! It's a good mate who is pretty solid when it comes to long rang.. if you click on his user name in the video you can check out some more of his long range antics.