PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Stevens 67 12ga. questions

bootsmcguire
03-14-2010, 02:38 AM
I just today bought a Stevens model 67. Its in great shape. Just wondering how old it is? Also it takes screw in choke tubes. By the looks of it they look like "Winchoke" style threads, but i don't have a winchester shotgun to check. any idea on age and the chokes?
Any other history or interesting facts would be nice.
Serial Number is E2294**
Thanks all.

Mad Dog
03-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Made in 84 and with Savage choke tubes, I doubt Winchoke tubes would fit.

bootsmcguire
03-15-2010, 11:25 PM
Thanks Mad Dog. I appreciate the help. My Buddy had a winchester 1300 i believe and he brought over his tubes, Checked them with my calipers and shoulder to entry side of tube was the same and thread dia. and T.P.I. was the same. Screwed right in, the only difference that I could see was the Winchokes were threaded further up the tube towards the shoulder. Otherwise checked out the same and perfect fit. I doubt I will ever need another tube since this one came with an Improved Cyl. ( which will work OK for the once in a blue moon trap duty ) and I figure this 67 will spend more time in my safe then in the field. I only bought it because I didn't have a Savage/Stevens pump gun yet. I figured for $140 bucks and 85%+ condition it wasn't too bad a deal. I dunno, but you can never have too many Savages. Thanks again.

corelokt
03-18-2010, 09:04 AM
Choke tubes available at numrich gun parts. Ask for the set of three in the pouch. I have a 20 gauge with screw in tubes and just moved along a 12 without.

bootsmcguire
03-18-2010, 09:22 PM
thanks, I'll hafta check that out. :)

bgc
03-19-2010, 09:24 AM
CDNN Sports has a set of 4 Savage chokes in a leather case for $30

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/sa124stshexw.html