PDA

View Full Version : 10FP- can I put a takeoff Accustock on it?

ncorry
02-26-2014, 07:11 PM
I've got a Savage 10FP, Accutrigger, but I bought it before they came out with the Accustock. It currently sits in a Choate short action varmint stock. Link to stock here: http://www.riflestock.com/store/do/product/VMS/24-06-04

Got an offer to buy a desert digital accustock set up for top/side bolt release that has the wider forearm. Anyone know if a standard accustock with no DBM will fit a 10FP with no DBM?

ncorry
03-26-2014, 04:31 PM
No one knows? My 10FP is a blind magazine. What measurements do I need to take on my stock screw spacing to determine which accustock I need?

thomae
03-27-2014, 01:54 AM
I don't own an FP. I can't remember (and am too lazy to look it up) if it is a target action with three action screws. If that is the case, it won't easily fit.

However, if it is a standard centerfeed short action, it should work. Measure the distance between action screw centers and measure the center-to-center distance on the stock you plan to buy. If they match, you should be good to go. You will need to replace the recoil lug with an accustock recoil lug (different shape) but I dropped a Stevens 200 into an accustock with no issues once I changed the lug. If it has a top bolt release, you may need to do just a little inletting of the accustock to make room, but the accustock I got was already marked (molded into the plastic) for the relief cutout.

fastbob49
03-29-2014, 10:47 AM
I have been researching the same. From what i have read, a little trimming to clear then upper bolt release is required. There should be mold lines to help guide the trimming. I am going to try this if i can find an accustock. If not will go for a boyds.

bootsmcguire
03-29-2014, 05:05 PM
The stock the OP is referencing appears to be one of the early ones which were setup for the side release. Really IIRC the only difference should be the recoil lug as the lugs used with the accu-stocks were a bit smaller.

You may be able to open the lug area on the stock to fit the regular lug of the 10FP or you may just wanna switch out the lug.